My Size is Hazardous to OTHERS' Health

Options
13»

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Well, I posted on your thread earlier and I didn't feel my post was an attack in any way. Just a comment or two about misinterpretations and how you can't know what others are thinking or feeling in real life or on the internet. I agree there's likely no further point for you to try and get people to understand where you were coming from, so time to let go of this and move on.

Best of luck to you, @ssurvivor as you continue working towards your fitness goals!

Nothing sinister here, just good wishes. B)
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are making me out to be this horrible Sad Lady because I did nothing wrong (except share my private thoughts anonymously). I suppose the situation triggered some personal insecurities, making it easier to identify with the bullies instead of me. If you take the fitness class context out of my situation, my reaction is completely justifiable. Anyone would delight in Karma biting an aggressor where it counts.

Those brats were bullies. They weren't in class yesterday (thank goodness), but they were in my Vinyasa class today trying to bully a chubby girl before class (this time using words instead of passive aggressive actions). They didn't see me, but I was close enough to hear the horrid things they were saying to the girl. Last time, I merely observed their actions. Today, I reported them like I should have done in the first place. I hope the studio bans them.
    This sounds like a very toxic place, and I'm sorry for everyone there. There's you, the two who supposedly were pulling faces and trying to intimidate you, the instructor getting involved in the drama, and three mean girls coming up to backbite and gossip after class. How about everyone just concentrate on their asanas? Sheesh, it sounds worse than the dojo from The Karate Kid!

@rheddmobile : To be fair, the instructor was trying to stop their behavior, not stir any drama. She did the absolute best she could under the circumstances. It's not her fault that the girls didn't stop being hateful. Also, the "three mean girls" were only checking to make sure I was OK after noticing the girls' egregious behavior. A Hatha class is slow enough to easily notice when someone is being extra. The room was toxic that day - brought entirely by Sour Face and her friend.
  • ssurvivor
    ssurvivor Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    @lorrpb : It wasn't the looking that bothered me, but the ugliness in their actions.