How much do you pay a month for your gym membership?

Options
124»

Replies

• caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    $Free.99

I work out at home
  • eccomi_qui
    eccomi_qui Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    $Free.99

I work out at home

I bet you do.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I live in the Caribbean, so it's $240 local dollars a month. Which is roughly US$35-$40.
  • Nemacles
    Nemacles Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    $22 Planet Fitness
  • Wolfsbayne225
    Wolfsbayne225 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    $40 per month, but it’s all inclusive...pool, classes, tennis, racquetball, etc.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    35$/month for myself.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    $52/month as a premier member -- and they will never raise the cost as long as you remain a member. All inclusive, 3 different gym locations, lots of group classes, indoor pool, two outdoor pools, saunas -- basically they have it all, minus an indoor track -- really wish they had that.
  • yasmine_ah
    yasmine_ah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yasmine_ah wrote: »
    I go to the YMCA. Has lots of classes included, climbing wall, a couple pools, basketball courts and the usual equipment. $25 a month.

Wow, ours is $60 at the lowest income tier, going up to over $200!

Really? Is that maybe for the membership where you can go to any Y in the U.S? Mine is just for my state.

• Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    $80 for the Y. Family membership. But I’m thinking of going somewhere else since I’m the only one that goes from my family.
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    $Free.99

I work out at home

Equipment costs?

When I lived in a previous house, I had a home gym with nearly all free weights. Had about 900# in plates, DB's that went from 3# up to 105#. Was great to go to the basement and workout. Or, couple of blocks away and throw implements for practice at the old park. Miss it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    60 in NYC.
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    $54 for myself and SO at local ymca, no contract
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I commute to work so I belong to two gyms, one near my home, one near my work. I pay $14/month for one and $10/month for the other (no, not Planet Fitness.) The $10 one is pretty basic but the $14 one has pool, sauna, dry sauna, towel service, child care, and classes included, and I can use any of their locations.
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I’m still at college so it’s included in the tuition but I don’t have to pay the tuition so it’s technically free... I’ve still got about another academic year here