What We're Eating Weekly

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee and steel cut oats with dried cranberries & vanilla.
    Lunch: 3 La Tiara taco shells with lettuce, sauteed onion & seasoned TVP "taco meat", steamed broccoli
    Snacks: tablespoon of peanut butter and a frozen Milky Way (hours apart)
    Dinner: veggie skillet (2 eggs, asparagus, mushrooms, bell pepper, more broccoli, sharp cheddar & diced potato & tomato) with Sriracha.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: vanilla Greek yogurt, strawberries, cherries, French press coffee.

Lunch: turkey-and-cheddar sandwich on 12-grain bread, crudites with yogurt dip.

Dinner: leftovers from yesterday -- steak, green beans, roasted tomatoes and onions.

Snacks: popcorn and/or Outshine bars.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: field roast apple maple sausage, an orange
    AM Snack: small flour tortilla with tofurky deli slices and dijon mustard
    Lunch: gardein "fish" burrito with flatout multigrain wrap, shredded cabbage, tartar sauce and pico de gallo, apple
    PM Snack: large coke zero
    Dinner: teriyaki noodle stir fry with veggies, tofu, and sesame oil
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 2 sausage links and a hard boiled egg
    Lunch: chicken salad, celery sticks and pineapple
    Afternoon snack: baby carrots and hummus
    Dinner: sloppy joe's and french fries
    After dinner snack: strawberries and popcorn
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Baked beans and onion on toast, chai with homemade cashew milk

Lunch: Tomato and red lentil bisque with sourdough croutons, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: White bean and cashew "ricotta" on toast with cherry tomatoes, baby kale, and cashew parmesan
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Morningstar Parmesan and Garlic wings with chopped carrots
    Snacks: Greek yogurt with strawberries, probably a protein shake using whole milk
    Dinner: 2 leftover "chicken", onion, and pepper fajitas with freshly grated pepperjack cheese and sour cream, one can of diet Doc X pop
    Dessert: If I have the calories left over, probably a chocolate oreo or two. If there's not enough, probably a few cherries or more strawberries
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: strawberry cheesecake flavor Greek yogurt, coffee
    Lunch: Sriracha mac n' cheese made with nutritional yeast (and some cheddar), wheat rotini and tons of green onion, a few celery sticks and a D'Anjou pear
    Dinner: blackened grilled catfish, 1/2 sweet potato (dry) and a large salad with oil & vinegar
  • avskk
    Options
    avskk wrote: »
    Lunch: turkey-and-cheddar sandwich on 12-grain bread, crudites with yogurt dip.

Nope. My workload got the best of me today and I snorfled down a (delivery) burger and fries at my desk. Sigh.
  • avskk
    Options
    Breakfast: bowl of Rice Krispies, French press coffee. (I already know I will regret this when I'm starving at 10AM, but I'm too tired to do better.)

Lunch: turkey-and-cheddar sandwich on 12-grain bread, crudites with yogurt dip. AKA the lunch I did not get to yesterday.

Dinner: small pork chops, roasted green beans, baked potato.

Snacks: popcorn and Outshine bars. Again.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with pistachios and banana, an orange

Lunch: split pea soup

Dinner: Budget Bytes chickpea curry (contingent on me getting home early enough to cook my chickpeas), rice, steamed broccoli

If I don't have the curry I'll probably make Gardein fish tacos again.
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Snack: Greek yogurt with strawberries
    Lunch: Morningstar parmesan and garlic wings
    Snack: Protein shake using water
    Dindins: Greek "chicken" with Budget Bytes Spinach and Chickpea rice pilaf
    Dessert: 1/2 pint Red Velvet Enlightened ice cream
  • avskk
    Options
    Just here to faithfully report another meal plan failure. I did not get to go home for my sandwich at lunch, so I ordered a burrito with no beans. (A burrito that also had meat, cheese, vegetables, sauce.) When it came, it was ALL BEANS, nothing else, and so loose and gloppy the tortilla couldn't even hold it -- it exploded into (sorry) diarrhea in the bag. I did not eat lunch after eating only Rice Krispies for breakfast, which means I am having a) cocktails and b) buffalo wings, ranch dip, and assorted raw veggies for dinner. Both because I am starving and this food does not take long, and because I did not get home to thaw the pork chops at lunch. Thank you for your time and boredom while I explain something inconsequential about my diet.
  • nickssweetheart
    Options
    @avskk, at least you got cocktails out of the whole mess!

Breakfast: gardein fishless "taco" with multigrain flat out wrap, tartar sauce, diced tomato, and shredded cabbage, orange juice, half a mango

L/D: Beyond Meat burgers with caramelized onions and homemade thousand island dressing, fruit salad of orange, mango, and banana with lime agave dressing
  • avskk
    Options
    I took advantage of a rare day off and slept until 10:00 (oops), so no breakfast aside from coffee.

Lunch: Parmesan gougere waffles, gazpacho salad.

Dinner: more cocktails to drown out the fireworks (uuugghhh, why is this how we celebrate), small pork chop, green beans, baked potato.

Snacks: various fruits, Outshine bars, more crudites (when I say this I usually mean tomatoes, baby carrots, snow peas, broccoli and/or cauliflower, cucumber, and radishes, btw) with ranch dip.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    B- Chocolate donut and cinnamon roasted almonds
    L- Pita with leftover skinny Alice Springs chicken and greens, a hardboiled egg, and fruit
    S- Hummus with veggies
    D- 15 Minute spicy udon with thin sliced beef
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumbers, skinny pop popcorn and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Greek yogurt and an apple
    Dinner: Turkey BLT sandwich, wholly guacamole mini cup and pretzel sticks
    Snack: 1/3 pint Enlightened

I basically did not track Saturday-yesterday and although there were lots of fun treats, i'm feeling kind of gross and I definitely want to get back on track right away...
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Lunch: Was planning on making a Morningstar burger topped with cheese and sauteed onions/peppers, but now it's lunch time and I'm not really feeling that... so we'll see what the fridge has in store.
    Snacks: Protein shake using water, greek yogurt with cherries
    Dinner: Leftover mediterranean "chicken" with Budget Bytes Spinach and Chickpea rice pilaf, diet Doc X
    Dessert: 1/2 pint Red Velvet Enlightened ice cream
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: huge egg(makers) scramble with mushrooms, cheese, and fried onions-1 slice of raisin bread french toast with lite syrup- coffee
    Lunch_ fruit(water melon, grapes) water and hot tea
    snack- hot fudge muffin with hot tea
    supper: 2 oz of turkey sausage with onions and peppers, rice and 1 cup of creamy mixed vegetables
    snack: 1 individual size bag of chips- diet coke
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,249 Member
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    D- 15 Minute spicy udon with thin sliced beef

Make that:
    D- Tuna sandwich with popcorn
    S- Cheesecake

Traffic was horrible on the way home and I did NOT want to cook by the time I got here. My fatigue level was high and I have been ill so I didn't want to push it. I will make the udon tomorrow since I don't have to be up early Saturday.
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, mixed berries, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Spinach salad with cucumbers, skinny pop popcorn and a kirkland protein bar
    Snack: Greek yogurt and an apple
    Dinner: Marinated grilled chicken, annies mac n cheese, carrots and watermelon
    Snack: 1/3 pint Enlightened