What was your first “I’m getting fat” realization?

Replies

• butter_body
    butter_body Posts: 2 Member
    A favorite cocktail dress that fit me well a couple of years ago now doesn't...
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Tight shirts, bras, pants, puffy face, feeling heavy and worn down all the time. Not recognizing myself in pics because I looked like a damn whale.
  • straymouse
    straymouse Posts: 2 Member
    Mine, I think, was when I went to a friend's 18th and saw myself in the mirror as I was getting into my party dress. I looked ridiculous. It barely fit.
  • TriPaulCantRun
    TriPaulCantRun Posts: 50 Member
    I really can't remember what triggered me.

I've been overweight for a years, but really can't remember what the final straw was. Just glad that it happened.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,981 Member
    The mirror was the first thing I noticed, but I was able to ignore that too easily.

My big "wake up call" came when, no matter how uncomfortable I was willing to be, I couldn't squeeze into my biggest work pants. I refused to buy bigger clothes, and had to wear dresses for like 3 weeks until I lost enough to get back into my pants.

They started to get pretty damn snug on me again late this fall (after surgery #4 on my leg) but once the leg was healed well enough I was able to start back at the gym after nearly a year off. Been at that since, so now feeling ready to start cutting back on the eating to lose the fat now that my muscles have had a chance to work through the initial re-growth.