Lost 144 pounds in 2017!

Options
So, I'm just delving into the community side of MyFitnessPal so this is probably a bit overdue. But throughout 2017 I worked on losing weight and exercising more and it was a huge success! I crushed my original goal of losing 120 pounds and actually lost 144 pounds!

While I still have a bit to go (I recently discussed what weight I should be at with my doctor, only about 22-25 more pounds to lose!) I'm overjoyed with my weight loss and very happy and proud. I look back at old photos and am still amazed at how much better I look. I recently got a comment that I look younger than I did before!

I hope I can help inspire others to keep striving to lose the weight they want to lose. I know how hard it is and the struggle is a tough one. Good luck and happy journeys!

6noefkffo4tj.jpg

Replies

• QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!
  • suzievv
    suzievv Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wow! Yes, you do look very young now! You look great. Congratulations!
  • KRTrenkamp
    KRTrenkamp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look great! Don't see another 22-25 for you to lose, but you and your Dr. Know best. Congratulations! And kudos on your hard work and dedication.

Thank you! Yeah, I think it's mostly on my lower belly, hips, and thighs at this point. We'll see how things go!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    suzievv wrote: »
    Wow! Yes, you do look very young now! You look great. Congratulations!

Thank you! It's interesting because not only do I look younger but I feel younger too. I feel better than I did in high school!
  • vonveganstein
    vonveganstein Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Wow! congratulations. You definitely look younger!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    kazgorat1 wrote: »
    Wow! congratulations. You definitely look younger!

Thank you!
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job! Keep it up and you’ll be at goal before you know it!
  • Joyfulandactive
    Joyfulandactive Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look so healthy :) all your hard work paid off. You definitely look younger.
  • Acem24
    Acem24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Actions speak louder than words! You are a hero to yourself and others!!
  • pkkbtsm
    pkkbtsm Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is amazing!!!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    Fantastic! You look so healthy :) all your hard work paid off. You definitely look younger.

Thank you! It's amazing how much better I feel compared to a year ago.
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    Acem24 wrote: »
    Actions speak louder than words! You are a hero to yourself and others!!

Aw, thank you! I don't think I'm really a hero but I'm proud of myself for what I have succeeded. :smile:
  • schristina81
    schristina81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great Job
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! I wouldn't have even thought it was the same person. Job well done and good luck with the last few kilos.

How did you do it? I'm sure lots of us are interested to know how...
  • RoseyandReady
    RoseyandReady Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I’m sure you feel amazing too. Great job! So inspiring!! Any favourite meal that fits well in your lifestyle now that you could share? I’m always looking for new ideas. I too love an apple over junk (now)...I like mine with a little almond butter too.
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    You look amazing and I’m sure you feel amazing too. Great job! So inspiring!! Any favourite meal that fits well in your lifestyle now that you could share? I’m always looking for new ideas. I too love an apple over junk (now)...I like mine with a little almond butter too.

I really enjoy a good peanut butter and banana wrap or sandwich. I use PB2, sliced banana, and a low carb high fiber wrap. I also really like making steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes with a small turkey and mushroom melt sandwich or wrap. Very tasty.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!