Lost 144 pounds in 2017!

Options

Replies

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your daily calorie goals? Did you stick with MFP suggestions?
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Wow just wow!!! Huge congrats on your success!!
  • Loser_53
    Loser_53 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!!!
  • KRTrenkamp
    KRTrenkamp Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    ElGoli wrote: »
    So inspiring, not only your numbers are great, the fact that you have achieved beyond your goal in a healthiest method is amazing and hopeful for the rest of us.

Thank you! I'll admit I'm very proud of myself for doing this with changing my diet and exercising more alone. I hope everyone who wishes to become healthier whether it's lose weight or in another way is able to achieve their goals.
  • KRTrenkamp
    edited January 2018
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, what were your daily calorie goals? Did you stick with MFP suggestions?

I did my best to stick with the MFP goals. Currently I'm doing 1200 calories a day. I try to keep an eye on my nutrients as well but from what I've read in books it's not necessarily bad to be over a little in one thing or another sometimes. It kind of keeps your metabolism on its toes. One thing I watch closely is my sugar but that's only because diabetes runs in my family. While I'm not pregnant diabetic and may never even get diabetes, I want to reduce the risk as much as possible.

I also keep a closer eye on my potassium and my iron. Too much or too little of potassium can effect your nerves and muscles. As for the iron, I've been anemic in the past and would rather not suffer from that again.

One big thing I also try to keep up with is a variety in my diet. Too much of anything can be bad and become boring so I try to mix up what I have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner everyday.

I hope I gave you a good answer to your questions. If you have any more please ask!
  • Candi8185
    Candi8185 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! So inspirational =) What is a typical day for you (meal plan wise). Need some new ideas!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    KRTrenkamp wrote: »

I did my best to stick with the MFP goals. Currently I'm doing 1200 calories a day.

<<well thought out and incredibly helpful answer snipped>>

I hope I gave you a good answer to your questions. If you have any more please ask!

Thank you for taking the time to answer this!
    It was very well thought out and appreciated.

Congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing!!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    congrats on kicking butt you look magnificent
  • Easternsky4
    Easternsky4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    So, I'm just delving into the community side of MyFitnessPal so this is probably a bit overdue. But throughout 2017 I worked on losing weight and exercising more and it was a huge success! I crushed my original goal of losing 120 pounds and actually lost 144 pounds!

While I still have a bit to go (I recently discussed what weight I should be at with my doctor, only about 22-25 more pounds to lose!) I'm overjoyed with my weight loss and very happy and proud. I look back at old photos and am still amazed at how much better I look. I recently got a comment that I look younger than I did before!

I hope I can help inspire others to keep striving to lose the weight they want to lose. I know how hard it is and the struggle is a tough one. Good luck and happy journeys!

6noefkffo4tj.jpg

You look great!! Awesome job!!!
  • Easternsky4
    Easternsky4 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Need all the inspiration I can get :-D
  • Mellykay88
    Mellykay88 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    You are a ROCKSTAR!!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    Candi8185 wrote: »
    Wow, you look amazing! So inspirational =) What is a typical day for you (meal plan wise). Need some new ideas!

I try to add a lot of variety to my meals rather than having a go to every day. I will say I usually start thinking about my breakfast and lunch the day prior (so I can make up my lunch the night before work). One thing that I always have in my day to day meals is an assortment of vegetables.

One thing I enjoy that's fairly easy to make is a hot/grilled veggie sandwich or wrap. I tend to have some sort of wrap every day. I use Ole Xtreme Wellness low carb high fiber wraps.

I've also noticed that while I'm not lactose intolerant, I do like using veggie sliced cheese and cashew milk rather than the normal dairy stuff. It usually has half the calories and a bit more calcium.

Honestly I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest. Usually you can just search healthy (whatever) recipes and can find some interesting things to try. One recipe that I tried recently was a Mock Tuna Salad that uses chickpeas instead of tuna. It turned out really good!

Another mini challenge I took upon myself is just trying new foods I wouldn't have considered trying before. It's really broadened the range of foods I enjoy! For example, I enjoy sushi now which is usually very healthy depending on what kind you get and is full of omega-3s.

That all being said, I do always try to have Greek yogurt every day. Either with lunch or as a snack.

Also, if I plan in exercising, I always have a banana. It's my go to energy snack for before or after my workout.
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    So, I'm just delving into the community side of MyFitnessPal so this is probably a bit overdue. But throughout 2017 I worked on losing weight and exercising more and it was a huge success! I crushed my original goal of losing 120 pounds and actually lost 144 pounds!

While I still have a bit to go (I recently discussed what weight I should be at with my doctor, only about 22-25 more pounds to lose!) I'm overjoyed with my weight loss and very happy and proud. I look back at old photos and am still amazed at how much better I look. I recently got a comment that I look younger than I did before!

I hope I can help inspire others to keep striving to lose the weight they want to lose. I know how hard it is and the struggle is a tough one. Good luck and happy journeys!

6noefkffo4tj.jpg

You look great!! Awesome job!!!

Thank you!
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options

I did my best to stick with the MFP goals. Currently I'm doing 1200 calories a day.

<<well thought out and incredibly helpful answer snipped>>

Thank you for taking the time to answer this!
    It was very well thought out and appreciated.

Congrats on your weight loss! You look amazing!!!!

It's not a problem! Glad I was able to answer! :smile:
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Very impressive and inspiring.
  • elsabetberhanu1
    elsabetberhanu1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    OMG! Congratulations!!!!
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations. You’ve done very well for yourself.
  • kjurassic
    kjurassic Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful journey to healthy. Isn't it amazing what can be accomplish when we finally get to the right mindset and how our bodies respond when we take care of them?!
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous and I am sure you feel so much better!! Congratulations! :)
  • KRTrenkamp
    Options
    kjurassic wrote: »
    Congratulations on your successful journey to healthy. Isn't it amazing what can be accomplish when we finally get to the right mindset and how our bodies respond when we take care of them?!

It is! I haven't felt this great before. Now that I'm finally taking care of my body it's been wonderful. One of the greatest achievements was when I did a 5K and 1-miler at an amusement park that came with admission for a day and I was able to fit on any of the rides I wanted. It felt very empowering, especially since the last time I went to an amusement park I had to deal with the embarrassment of having to get off a ride for not fitting in the seat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!