Anyone have a time in the evening they try not to eat past?

Options

Replies

• rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I stop eating after dinner because I'm not hungry. Since I don't snack or graze, my meals are big and satisfying and they hold me over for a long time.

So it's not done intentionally. I'm just not hungry after dinner.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    No, if I have calories to spare I'll eat them regardless of what time it is.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after dinner and dinner for me is 4-4:30pm.

What time do you go to bed?

If I stopped eating at 4:30 ... it would be 8 to 9 hours before bed, and 18 hours before I ate again!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I don't eat after dinner and dinner for me is 4-4:30pm.

What time do you go to bed?

If I stopped eating at 4:30 ... it would be 8 to 9 hours before bed, and 18 hours before I ate again!

Try to be in bed by 9-9:30 - everyone always thinks it's crazy but I like it (I'm usually very hungry by the time I'm up eating breakfast at 7am).
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Make dinner bigger! I used to hoard calories for the good snacks and *kitten* after dinner but they aren't really filling foods so they are really just a 'mouth experience' more than anything nutritional or satisfying. Eating more of the veggies and meat and whatnot at lunch and dinner keeps those cravings to a minimum. Also once I floss and brush I am disinclined to eat any more.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I find I do best if I don't eat after dinner. Not because there's some magical time people should stop eating but because I'm a huge grazer. If I allow myself to snack, it soon becomes a 600 calorie "snack", which does't usually fit into my daily calories. I am also trying to not stack between lunch and dinner either.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I do the opposite. I have a time of day I try not to eat before (2:00 p.m.). But sometimes I do. It's not a hard and fast rule, more of a guideline.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I put off eating as long as i can during the day so that i can eat at night (when i'm actually hungry).
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I stop eating between 3 and 4pm. I go to bed at 7, so there’s usually 3-4 hours between eating and sleeping. I get heartburn if I eat closer to bed time.
  • jules81
    jules81 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am TRYING to not eat after 9 pm ( bedtime 10.30/11pm) only because I tend to overeat in the eve. Xxxx
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I put off eating as long as i can during the day so that i can eat at night (when i'm actually hungry).

This ^^
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    4870464 wrote: »
    Tblackdogs, what type of tea do you drink at night that doesn't cause you to stay awake? I will loose sleep if I drink tea after 5 PM.

I am lucky to be an excellent sleeper! Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me much at all. But I often drink non caffeinated green tea or other decaf teas. I rotate between regular black, green, mint and cinnamon. I make a big huge mug (travel mug actually), don't let the bag steep very long and then keep adding boiling water if I want more. Just kind of a comforting habit!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    No, but I don't log and have all kinds of other rules for myself.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I don't eat after dinner. Period. If the munchies hit, I go to bed. Typically I'm a little hungry when I go to bed.
  • Veronyk_13
    Veronyk_13 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 8:30 ish but it's more of a guideline. Weekdays I go to bed around 11:00 - 12:00 and that's around the time I start getting hungry so I just go to sleep. For that to happen though I have to eat a late dinner cuz if I have dinner at 4:30 - 5:00 I'm def gonna eat later, around 8:00 - 8:30 but I stay within my calorie goal. Weekends I sleep in so I don't start eating before 2:00 - 3:00 pm so the "8:30 pm limit" rule doesn't apply on weekends. That's what I like best because if I restricted myself completely the whole week, I would get frustrated, give up and just gain more weight.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Here are some things I do to stop myself from overeating in the evening:

1. Skip breakfast to allow myself a larger dinner plus some evening treats
    2. When I'm finished eating my dinner and treats, I immediately switch gears. Go for a walk, clean the house, brush my teeth, take a shower. Just to give myself some time to digest and stop thinking about eating.
    3. Don't buy any foods I know I will overeat. Crackers, chips, desserts, candies, etc. None of that in my house.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Bedtime or midnight.

Bedtime because I don't eat after I go to sleep.

Midnight, because that's tomorrow.
  • maybe1pe
    maybe1pe Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I stop eating after dinner. I have "afternoon snacks" from 1pm - 4pm while I'm at work, I'm not hungry in the AM so I don't eat until I am.

Large dinner around 7-8pm. If I plan on having cottage cheese or a piece of chocolate for dessert I eat it right after dinner, I eat less because I've just had dinner but still feel like I'm getting a "treat". And then I stop eating. I find having hobbies that keep my hands busy helps. I like knitting and cross stitch and because I'm working with my hands I can't eat.
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    For me it's no snacks after the 2 hour mark to bedtime (bedtime usually 10, so this is usually 8) and only if we eat dinner before 6. For example, if I'm at a party and intend on being in bed by 1, I don't eat after 11. Snack must be less than 150 calories (Like air popped popcorn) and not loaded with sugar. At home, it's usually accompanied with an herbal tea. (And only if im feeling hungry and not as just part of the routine... the tea is always a bedtime ritual though....!) Everyone's different.... this works for me!