Options

Replies

• DLH070911
    DLH070911 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    When I crave a cheeseburger, I eat a cheeseburger. :D

Ditto
    1371933161000-PBC-1306221636_4_3.JPG

Looks like one of the new pretzel bun burgers... Good God, I can't wait to try one of those. Nearest Wendy's is like 20 miles from me though.

Would be totally worth it.

I was craving after seeing these commercials. Totally disappointed. *shrug* guess I won't be so tempted next time.....
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Today was my cheat day and I finally tried Wendy's pretzel burger- I enjoyed every single greasy bite. Now my craving has disappeared...well, for that anyway. Lol!
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I don't know what burger you looked up, but a junior bacon cheeseburger has 380 calories

those are the stats for a Five Guys burger

Oh, I see that now.

My point is, even if you do buy into the idea that lower calories somehow makes one food a better choice than another (which I don't think) you can totally find lower calorie versions of what you are craving, if calories alone are what concerns you.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    To help the hubby lose weight without depriving him I have been finding some great alternatives to his favorite foods: Hamburgers smothered with mushrooms and onions is one ;)

I use Laura's Lean beef with whole wheat bun - he gets his burger and loses weight :) win - win I have tried ground turkey, chicken and pork and none compare till I found Laura's.

Fast food burgers..ya sorry those are out!! I can't have a FF burger without those darn fries
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I'm not understanding what the issue is with eating a cheeseburger?

I take lean meat and grill it on my good ole' Foreman, slap it between a whole wheat bun (120 calories per bun), add a slice of tomato, and plop some sharp cheese I've sliced on top. Whole meal is around 330 for that burger. Big whoop?

My calories always come in under. If I'm feeling frisky I'll cut up an avacado and slap that on there too.

If you want a burger, eat a burger.

This is exactly what I do on my Foreman grill .... down to the avocado.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    SO I have been fighting going to five guys and getting a big bouble bacon burger with all the veg's and mayo - Today I went to wendy's to get a small chili to go with my salad. It was very meaty and I don't want a burger anymore lol. This might help someone later - according to the app it's only about 180 cal's also - gotta watch the salt though!

Chili =/= cheeseburgers.

Exactly... that's the point. She got rid of her craving through eating a healthier foods.

Go on, how is the chili healthier?

How is Chili not healthier are you joking?Hmmm? Bacon burger Vs Chili
    Nutrition summary:
    Calories in the Bacon Burger

Fat
    62g

Carbs
    40g

Protein
    51g
    There are 920 calories in a 1 burger serving of Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger.
    Calorie breakdown: 61% fat, 17% carbs, 22% protein.

Wendy Chili
    270 Calories. 7.0 Fiber. 19.0 Protein low in fat is all it says doesn't list it.
    Big Difference Ya Think?
    The difference is calories. Since when does the amount of calories equal the "health" value.
  • ChiManLifts
    Options
    So..you wanted a cheeseburger and you ate chili instead?

The thing about cravings is-if you completely eschew it, it will eventually take over. Why not just make room for a burger once in a while? That way it won't be something unattainable that your body will always crave.

I'm beginning to think MFP is masochistic...and all of this seems like self-flagellation to me. :laugh:
  • GoTimeBaby
    Options
    Wendys Chili is said to be made from day old hamburger patties. Which I guess isn't so bad, but I'm just saying....

;)
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options

me too.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    SO I have been fighting going to five guys and getting a big bouble bacon burger with all the veg's and mayo - Today I went to wendy's to get a small chili to go with my salad. It was very meaty and I don't want a burger anymore lol. This might help someone later - according to the app it's only about 180 cal's also - gotta watch the salt though!

Chili =/= cheeseburgers.

Exactly... that's the point. She got rid of her craving through eating a healthier foods.

Go on, how is the chili healthier?

How is Chili not healthier are you joking?Hmmm? Bacon burger Vs Chili
    Nutrition summary:
    Calories in the Bacon Burger

Fat
    62g

Carbs
    40g

Protein
    51g
    There are 920 calories in a 1 burger serving of Five Guys Bacon Cheeseburger.
    Calorie breakdown: 61% fat, 17% carbs, 22% protein.

Wendy Chili
    270 Calories. 7.0 Fiber. 19.0 Protein low in fat is all it says doesn't list it.
    Big Difference Ya Think?

So it's better because it's lower calories is what you are saying? That's your whole argument right?

I mean I can easily have 2000 calories today and it is still within my limits. I eat this burger and I have 1100 calories for breakfast and lunch. No problem there.

62g in fat. That's still below my daily allowance. I usually have to load up on PB/bacon/avocado in order to reach my fat limits as it is so none of that stuff for 1 day leaves me tons of room for lets say...............a burger. But wait this burger has bacon so it's a double win!!

40g of Carbs. That's way below my daily allowance so there really is no need to address that. I mean honestly I can still eat like 2 cups of white rice that day and be fine. Yes, I eat white rice.

51g of Protein. Man I wish the burger had more because at 51g I still have to go eat over a pound of chicken or tons of egg whites or whatever just to meet me set minimums.

7g fiber in the Chilli. Come on, what's 7g. My Quest bar has almost 20g. That's not great argument for the chilli over burger debate.

The most important thing in all this is that if I'm craving a big juicy burger 5 guys just satisfied my craving. Why should I deprive myself of something I love or really want. This I a lifestyle, not some boring diet. You can try and argue that eating this burger will make it impossible for me to hit my remaining calories and macros but I beg to differ, I can plan the rest of my day in my sleep. It's not arrogance it's confidence.

If I were to wear panties, they woulda dropped.
  • EGSanz225
    Options
    I love five guys. It's a good thing they're a lot more expensive, otherwise I'd be eating there every day.

THere's nothing wrong with giving in to temptation. You could always eat it on your cheat day , or just make a homemade, healthier version if possible.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Jesus H. So much ridiculousness. OP, good call. You got rid of your craving without doing too much damage calorie wise. Some people don't grasp the concept of different goals. A buffed-up guy eating in a surplus to bulk is probably going to have different goals than a guy cutting calories to lose 100 pounds. A 1000-calorie burger is going to be a lot easier to fit in for one than the other.

Even in a deficit, though, I strongly support an occasional higher-calorie day full of burgers, pizza and cheesecake.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    If I were to wear panties, they woulda dropped.

:flowerforyou:
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I saw the words "Five Guys" and died!!! cuz now I want!!! :D lmao Wendy's chili is good though! You did a great job.
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Ditto
    1371933161000-PBC-1306221636_4_3.JPG

Me too. Got one of these while the site was down. Anyone else?! :laugh:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

Chili =/= cheeseburgers.

jack_lol.gif
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Cheeseburgers are awesome. Don't hate the cheeseburger. As a side note, Costco Strawberry Cheesecake is also awesome.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Samuel L Jackson is badass bc of burgers

tumblr_ljedtvLtdy1qhcdbmo1_500.gif

:heart:
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    another idea and chef Ramsey would approve.. buy some good grass fed beef and throw a burger on the grill. Buy a good hard whole grain roll or wheat buns. Fresh produce, A burger with less sodium some actual nutritional value WINNER!