Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Going to need to be super strong to not drink tonight. My husband is driving me insane with his negativity. He drank every night this week so far and is probably going to come home with a 12 pack tonight. I haven't had anything to drink since we both over drank last Saturday and want to keep it that way. I have to think of something I can do, like make up an excuse to get out of the house!

Go to the gym? Or visit a friend. You've got this, stay strong!
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Going to need to be super strong to not drink tonight. My husband is driving me insane with his negativity. He drank every night this week so far and is probably going to come home with a 12 pack tonight. I haven't had anything to drink since we both over drank last Saturday and want to keep it that way. I have to think of something I can do, like make up an excuse to get out of the house!

Mmmm a nice long bubble bath with a good book and cup of hot tea maybe?
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I was drinking 4-5 days out of the week over the holidays. I haven't had any alcohol since February 3...I can't believe it. Training plan just killed all desire for it.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    That said, I wouldn't mind a small sip of really good whisky simply for the flavor.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I am truly enjoying this journey, started Feb 12th, after a day/night of too much drinking... decided to use this as a kick start to an AF Lent... but considering the way I am feeling, I can see this turning into a lifestyle change. Had one hick-up so far... I am sure there will be others, but we are human.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Ugh. Went out for a work event last night. Really paced myself. Drank far less than I would have at such an event in the past (1 beer, 2 glasses of wine over about 4 hours, with lots of water). Realized that I habitually ordered another glass of wine when we moved from happy hour at the bar to dinner at a table - and I was the only one! Everyone else was drinking water during dinner. Even when I’m doing so much better and trying to be mindful about whether I really want a drink, I still grab a “safety glass” in these kind of situations. I didn’t even enjoy the wine but drank it (slowly) anyway. I don’t feel great today - I don’t think it’s the alcohol but I also didn’t sleep well (probably was the alcohol).

Trying to focus on the positives and the improvements in cutting way back, not having any “oh my gosh did I embarrass myself in front of colleagues” worries but I am still mad at myself that the last glass snuck in there...

I feel like I identify with a lot of your posts.
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Wow, @JulieAL1969 - so thrilled for your success in losing weight (isn't it great to get rewarded for all your hard work?) and in making it through the teacher happy hour. My husband was a teacher, so I get it. Anyway, congrats!
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I had blood work done and went to the doctor this week for follow up results. All my liver functions were in normal ranges, which surprised me. It was something I always worried about, and it feels as if I was given a 2nd chance.

Thats great
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    snoo61 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    Today I went to an after-work event at a huge bar/restaurant...I go in and everyone has a drink in their hand....I had no strong urges but it was hard to get social....I left there soon and came home....and then I had a strong urge to get a beer....funny how that works....but I avoided that as well...I'll call that success

Of course its a success, you made a choice and stuck to it. It was probably harder after all those books you read! :D Congratulations!

:D:D some of u peoples have a great humour.. i luv it!!

There's one reation option missing on these.. its the 'ROTFL'..

Norm you are an inspiration, that shows we are stronger than we think. Well done!!

I have laughed lots on this but i cant express it with out posting.. :)
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @angelacatheart I eat more when drinking. It 'opens the appetite'. Speaking strictly calorie wise, I'd rather have a piece of dark chocolate for the calories than the booze.