Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    NormInv wrote: »
    Just finished "Blackout"....What a great book! Now, I have to find in this thread the other recommended books...?

I enjoyed the following:

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fireball
    Harry Potter and the Half Bloody Mary
    Harry Potter and the Whiskey Stones
    Harry Potter and The Prisoner of RedWine

Ha! I could have written a few of those books!

Also, yes, shake your kombucha, but gently because it's a bit fizzy and will explode all over the wall and cupboard...or so a friend told me ;-)
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,193 Member
    Options
    Stepping18 wrote: »
    Day23 AF. Last night was my toughest challenge since starting this process. But Instead of having a drink, I meditated for about 5 minutes to refocus. It made a huge difference. I was able to abstain and continue AF.

Wow! Bravo! You are doing well.
    I've been mediating every day using the insight timer app. Do you have an app you like?
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I had blood work done and went to the doctor this week for follow up results. All my liver functions were in normal ranges, which surprised me. It was something I always worried about, and it feels as if I was given a 2nd chance.

Totally a big relief.xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »
    NormInv wrote: »
    hey kombucha lovers - are you supposed to shake it and drink that residue at the bottom? asking for a friend

Hello,..

Im not sure if you've been answered or not, i was waiting for someone else to. I feel ive said to much here. :| but i did like leaving people hanging.. i don't share it bcoz itll spray every where when u open it. But i mix it as i go and yeah... it's really good for u.

Btw u have an interesting lots of books u read.. ;)

You're an important valuable part of our thread. Always feel free to express yourself. I love hearing from you!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    becarrah wrote: »
    I've been consistently recording all my food and getting my steps in everyday. That plus cutting back on about 90% of my drinking, I'm down 11 pounds since the first of the year. There's no way I would have done this and continued drinking as much as I was. I mostly started down this path to lose weight and seriously doubted my ability to give up the drinking but reading this thread daily and reading what you all have shared has kept me on track. Yesterday there was a very stressful event at work and when I headed home I planned on stopping for beer or wine. The thought of reading this thread came to mind and made me really question whether drinking was going to make any difference and decided not to stop. I know I'm not giving up drinking entirely but getting out of the daily habit and not using it as a stress reliever is the only way I will meet my weight loss goal.

Really good point you made: "Whether drinking was going to make any difference."
    It doesn't long term, just short term for a few hours, and then the problems/stress is still there waiting.
    Awesome weight loss! xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Another book recommendation. A Happier Hour. I just started it tonight. As the author describes her failed attempts to moderate she says “So much energy and headspace wasted.” Amen!

I'll have to read that one. I have been obsessed with listening on youtube to Craig Beck, author of Alcohol Lied to Me. He's like the true friend who says it likes it is, no sugarcoating at all. He also says willpower is not enough to kick the habit. But you have to buy his program to find out what is. LOL
    I would imagine it's like Alan Carr's program which you can find online on quitting smoking.
    Have a great day, friends!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I had blood work done and went to the doctor this week for follow up results. All my liver functions were in normal ranges, which surprised me. It was something I always worried about, and it feels as if I was given a 2nd chance.

That is good news!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am constantly checking in on this as I find it very helpful. Thank you to all for being so honest. I'm on 12 day AF. Tomorrow's a different thing as I'm allowing myself drinks Friday and Saturday while DH is home. Hoping I can commit to just these days for this week and next week and then back to AF again...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Had my third planned outing for the month. Three glasses of wine (with artisan pizza and a huge salad) with two girlfriends. Didn't sleep great, but I have no regret for the evening.

Back at it today (real pizza doesn't often fit in my diet)!

Cheers all.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,504 Member
    Options
    @donimfp Exactly. I have tried all of those strategies. It was almost embarrassing to read them listed there. I was silently nodding along as I was going down the list. I find reading the blogs, watching the video's (the one @JulieAL1969 likes, the stop drinking expert...he's great) and reading books about the negative effects of alcohol and COMING HERE all reinforce my desire to find a better way to deal with stress and/or have a good time.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else noticed a drop in appetite & cravings since going AF or cutting back? Nice bonus for me!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What I've found is that I'm more aware of what I'm eating and much more diligent logging everything.
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    missanne11 wrote: »
    What I've found is that I'm more aware of what I'm eating and much more diligent logging everything.

So true for me too!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Poston1966 wrote: »
    I failed last night at being AF this week. Yesterday at work was a nightmare. Got off 2 hrs late so I did not go to gym. Went home and changed and headed straight to the wine rack. Only 2 glasses but still....I let work get to me!!!! I guess better the whole bottle. Uuuggghhh

Count your af days, are there more than 1? You're still winning!