Breakfast ideas that don't include eggs, hot oatmeal, or yogurt?

Options
1235»

Replies

• weightforme8134
    weightforme8134 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/ I love these! They are about 140 cals each but very good and fill me up if I have two and want something sweet.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Lately I've been making protein pancakes (we have both Kodiak Cakes and FlapJacked mixes and I use one serving) with 100 grams of fresh blueberries mixed into the batter, one serving of sugar-free syrup, and three chicken sausage links. It comes to about 370 calories.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    fruit, toast + PB, bacon
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    The proper fruit for pancakes is blueberries, not bananas. Raspberries are a possible alternative, but not as ideal. Some might claim this is opinion, but it is fact.

;-)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    The proper fruit for pancakes is blueberries, not bananas. Raspberries are a possible alternative, but not as ideal. Some might claim this is opinion, but it is fact.

;-)

But what about pumpkin protein pancakes with pecans?!? *drool
  • pshofstetter
    pshofstetter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I'm "egged out" and rotate breakfast meals: Dave's Killer bread, thin sliced. I toast it and melt a slice of fat free American Cheese on it. I also make a protein shake with a cup of frozen fruit. Other times, I may eat a frozen diet meal or leftover chicken and top with salsa that I make. I realize the sodium content in some of these, but that's what I do:-) Good luck!
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    English muffin toasted with cream cheese and lox. Or cream cheese and jelly.

Bread, toasted or not, or English muffin with peanut butter and jelly, or peanut butter and banana

Protein pancakes. I posted a great recipe for these in the recipe section. Or the kodiak ones.

Protein bar. The premier protein ones would be perfect for this. Or pure protein. Add some fruit probably.

I also posted a great maple steel cut oats recipe. I know you said no not oatmeal but this is really good. And it's steel cut oats. A little different.

• melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Man. Sausages are evil.

Went to Costco last night and picked up a package. 330 cals per sausage. They were not that big. Put the package back down.
    Went to the frozen section and found some at ~ 150cals, then read the label and that was for 1/3 of a sausage. Seriously?

Found some turkey ones for 60 cals per sausage and bought them. Smaller than my thumb. Had 3 for breakfast, but they are pretty dry. Had to add Franks hot sauce.

I'll eat them, but this is not the final answer for me.

Bacon. Bacon is your answer.

The jimmy dean turkey breakfast ones are pretty good. They sell them at Costco, red box. 30 calories each. Not dry if you cook them right.
  • opalastrophel
    opalastrophel Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love toasted rye bread and depending on what you're feeling and the meal plan for the day you can top it with more breakfasty things like peanut butter and bananas, or something more savoury like cream cheese, red onion, and smoked fish. I have a hard time feeling full without some kind of heavy carbs and I find myself picking and snacking more if I try to skip them. I like bread or muffins you could really bludgeon someone with.
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I love to eat Sweet Earth burritos for breakfast- they're vegetarian, but do not taste like it. They've got around 250-300 calories per burrito, are packed with protein sources, quinoa, cheese, etc, and keep me FULL.

https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.SKKI9k1ZUygulcCU31V-6QHaCo&w=300&h=106&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7m4h8kx1olxle.png
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Regarding the mashed banana and egg pancake, another no. Bananas go black when frozen, and the texture changes. Perfectly fine for a smoothie or banana bread but gross in a pancake.

Banana skins go black in the freezer, not the banana flesh. I peel and freeze bananas all the time, they look perfectly fine.

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I like toasted Ezekial bread with almond butter and sliced banana on top.