Any DD Bra cup girls? Where can I find a good sports bra?

Options

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I'm a 30DD. Love the energy bra from Lulu. It's rated as low/medium support, but I can run with no bounce.
  • cmcoyle776
    cmcoyle776 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump...I'm also in need of a good sports bra for my 34DDs. :)
  • SAHMomma2_4
    Options
    bump for later
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Info for later
  • unFATuated
    unFATuated Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Another fan of the Enell here. I'm an F/G cup. It's not pretty but it does the job!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I think this website will probably censor the name of the store...

But I am a 32DDD and I go to ****'s Sporting Goods and just try on what they've got available. I haven't got any complaints about the Reebok, Nike, and Under Armour ones that I have bought. They are not expensive compared to many other brands.

ETA: It's hilarious to me that they censor the name of the freakin' store...cause the name of a store is sooooooo offensive.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I'm not a DD (I'm about a 30H at the moment), but as the cup sizes go up as the band size go down we might not be that different in terms of actual boob size at the moment. I think people don't always realise that there isn't such a thing as a DD cup, except with a band size to go with it. So your 40DD is roughly the same size in the cup as a 44B or a 34G. Knowing this helped me a lot in understanding bra sizing. I'm mentioning it because you asked for DD girls, but obviously somebody who is a 32DD will have a relatively small bust compared to you, whereas somebody who is a 48DD will be much bigger, and so they will have different needs and recommendations in sports bras.

And as somebody else said above, it's always worth checking that you have the right size, and as a rule, your band size is the measurement around your underbust. I think some people are told that they're, say, a 40DD, when in fact they are more like a 36F.

I've found that Freya Underwired and Panache sports bras work well for me. They don't eliminate bounce, but they are quite comfortable. Enell did not work for me - too loose around the band, too tight in the bust - but it might work for you. Enell is more of a squash you all in close to the chest type bra (so should work well for bounce), whereas Freya and Panache feel a bit more like everyday bras and Panache in particular looks quite nice under clothes, in my opinion.
  • leighanne_reynolds
    Options
    I'm a 32 DD and I buy my sports bras at jcpenney they are always cheap $5-$20 they hold me in really well but I also recommend buying a workout top that is tighter fitting bc that will help as well
  • toadoftoadhall
    toadoftoadhall Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm 34dd and use the Anota Extreme Control bra. It is perfect, really comfortable and keeps everything in place. Quite expensive (£40) but worth it.
  • toadoftoadhall
    toadoftoadhall Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    That should have said Anita not Anota!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber is the best I've used. I get the max one. Nothing moves in that puppy. I'm a uk gg /h.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort was great. Shock Absorber is my runner-up. I'm a 34G these days.
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I just like to double up with a regular bra and a champion sports bra. I keep it simple and cheep. The girls stay high and flat works for me.
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of these off of Amazon. So far it passes the jumping up and down in front of the mirror test, though I'll have to give it a real workout later this week. Band is super tight, but hey, it'll stretch. And I like the padded straps.
    http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Full-Busted-Underwire-Sports-Purple/dp/B006235ZW2/
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    i use Convertible underwire sport bra by Cacique from Lane Bryant, I love them but I wear them out quicker than I would like the underwire comes out. On sale I can get them for 14 or so but they are reg priced 45.
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34dd and the under armour ones work well for me for running.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Nike makes some great ones I get them off of the nike website , and surprisingly enough champion sports bras work great (from target) but I wear a regular bra and then a sports bra over.
  • excitedaboutfitness
    excitedaboutfitness Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/mobile-sport/maximum-support/incredible-by-victoriarsquos-secret-sport-bra-vsx-sport?ProductID=92533&CatalogueType=OLS

I love this one by Victoria's Secret!

I was using some of the medium support Under Armour and VS sports bras, but Zumba and jogging was causing some pain in the chest! I picked up a few of these bras, and the issue is totally under control! I am a 36D and they have great support (zero bounce!)
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Enell.
  • carstanger
    carstanger Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Got mine at Victoria Secret!