If you are a walker, you may walk into this thread

Options

Replies

• nursek_2010
    nursek_2010 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    love going for nice long walks in the morning!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Another walker here. In fact I am a member of the Long Distance Walkers Association here in the UK. Oh and I also run a bit.
  • jrzzz
    jrzzz Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Another walker checking in... ride the occasional bike, but walking is my love.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Started as walker 3 1/2 years ago.I lost 40 pounds that way.

Now I do intervals.
  • GraySkies_123
    Options
    I'm a new walker but loving it :)
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Injured runner here had to switch to walking until fully healed up. Nice change of pace I like it!
  • Dom4less
    Dom4less Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    . I have a gazelle, and I "walk" on there when I can't go outside. I have two Leslie Sansone indoor walking tapes. I walk to the grocery store. I walk - - ok enough, I love walking for my exercise.
    I too, walk about 10 k a day outside or with Leslie Sansone videos ( I have them all):-) I love walking:-)
  • Dom4less
    Dom4less Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I started Walk at Home and I love it. It is low impact, works all muscle groups, the instructor is motivating, and I can do it in the comfort of my daughter's place. I have injuries to knee's so I can sit if needed or modify the walk. I did a mile (according to video on YouTube) and I was sweating when it was done. I also starting swimming this summer for exercise, again low impact, and that has help me a lot.
    You should try aquacize , it is awesome for sore knees. :-)
  • theatregirl4416
    Options
    Another walker here, got into it about 3 years ago and have liked it ever since.

Like to go for 20-30 minute walking bursts a couple times a week, and I walk a lot going to/from/at work!

I think a LOT of my cals are burned through walking and its toning my thighs up too :D
  • daisyeyes
    daisyeyes Posts: 144
    Options
    I love to walk. It's the best way to burn calories!
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I love walking but have not done it much since moving to NY. Its just not very nice out for the majority of the year.
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For a second I thought this was going to be about the show 'The Walking Dead'.....anyways, yes I am a walker (one that is alive)
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    love walking,..often do Leslie Sansone walking at home..when it's too hot!
  • FitbitVanessa
    FitbitVanessa Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I thought this thread was about zombies.
  • Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Owing to my ongoing back issues, walking is one of the few things I can actually still do (either outside or on a treadmill)....
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I love to walk! I have a gorgeous path near me that goes through my town and also through the woods, it takes me about an hour to finish. I love to do it every day that is sunny but not too hot. Really helps my mood
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Love walking long and fast and intermittently uphill! I just started throwing some running in because my friend wants to do a 5K. I was happy to see the hard walking I do made it possible to go out and run a couple of slow miles with not too much suffering :) I also do the elliptical when it's too hot outside.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Whoa, what happened?
  • jewh420
    jewh420 Posts: 12
    Options
    I also walk at work. I get anywhere from 1.1 to 2.2 miles in per day. It may not seem much but it makes a difference in my legs since my knees can't take running (yet).
  • angelac1296
    angelac1296 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I used to walk everywhere, all the time. Bother ways to work, which was 2.4 miles each way. Plus more. That was when I was dating my hubby, and we were both 135 lbs!

FF 17 years, and now I have started walking again, with my 14 and 15 year old sons! We're up to one mile a day, and having a great time with it! We would go further, but we live in central FL and it's just too crazy hot and humid out! I look forward to the cooler weather and longer walks with my boys!