God help me - Dr. Oz and the ACV “ detox overload” diet plan

Options
13»

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Can we add more rants? If yes...
    I was at my secondary gym last night. There was a female playing a VR video game in the side room. I asked the gym manager what was going on. He said she was getting her "heart rate in the fat-burning zone." Standing there. Playing a video game.

I. Couldn't. Even.

Well... at rest your substrate utilization is mostly fat, so technically...

:grumble: Mr. Literal. :laugh:

She probably went and had a 500 calorie protein shake afterwards, to maximize TEH GAINZ.

Well, I mean, gotta refuel after a workout like that, amirite? :D
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Can we add more rants? If yes...
    I was at my secondary gym last night. There was a female playing a VR video game in the side room. I asked the gym manager what was going on. He said she was getting her "heart rate in the fat-burning zone." Standing there. Playing a video game.

I. Couldn't. Even.

Well... at rest your substrate utilization is mostly fat, so technically...

:grumble: Mr. Literal. :laugh:

She probably went and had a 500 calorie protein shake afterwards, to maximize TEH GAINZ.

Well, I mean, gotta refuel after a workout like that, amirite? :D

Not to split hairs but it was the 'trainer' who said she was burning fat, not her. Maybe she was just taking a break? Make fun of the trainer, all day.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    dinadyna21 wrote: »
    AllSpiceNice, AnvilHead, garber6th

People like the posters I've mentioned above helped me immensely when I started losing weight. I didn't know how entrenched I was in woo until I started prowling the forums for info.
    I'm glad they dispel the *kitten* peddled by people like Dr. Oz, because believing in this garbage has hurt more people than you know. Diet woo kept me obese for years because I didn't know better.

I want to "hug" this, and "insightful" this, and "like" this, and "awesome" this if we still had that button.

Aw thanks, I would've added more names but the list wouldn't ever end. This forum is the best and I owe you guys so much for coming on here and knocking sense into me. Hopefully OP will take the insight offered.
    I also miss the awesome button. :(
  • bekahlou75
    bekahlou75 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I actually just had to google what the ACV diet is.....lol
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Ooo...wine.
    Wine detoxing me in the mornings.,Instant weightloss.lol
    Seriously though, when i drink i binge in food so thats no good.:(
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    This sort of stuff frustrates me so much. I really think pseudoscience and woo is one of the major pillars of the obesity crisis. It's a far bigger risk factor than sugar, in my opinion.
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ooo...wine.
    Wine detoxing me in the mornings.,Instant weightloss.lol
    Seriously though, when i drink i binge in food so thats no good.:(

Same here, it's why I had to cut down on my drinking before I could successfully start my deficit. The food I can put away while drinking is just insane.