Winter Olympics 2018

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    nx3dqrji7f5y.gif
    f523ywht1atr.gif

I find these two to be highly annoying and I'm grateful that I can watch CBC broadcasts lol

they are annoying AF and highly narcissistic, however that's part of their appeal and they are good for a laugh or two.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    nx3dqrji7f5y.gif
    f523ywht1atr.gif

I find these two to be highly annoying and I'm grateful that I can watch CBC broadcasts lol

Oh. I love them. :) And I even have the Tara Lipinski Barbie doll with skates. And that's only because my sister gave away all my barbies when I was a kid. And I felt I needed to have at least one Barbie doll.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    For your viewing pleasure. ;)
    xxiql0w0sz08.jpg
    nv5idt9ubqq8.gif
    3rt0gcom95lw.gif
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    nx3dqrji7f5y.gif
    f523ywht1atr.gif

Oh. I love them. :) And I even have the Tara Lipinski Barbie doll with skates. And that's only because my sister gave away all my barbies when I was a kid. And I felt I needed to have at least one Barbie doll.

Whenever I see them, I always expect them to say "May the odds be ever in your favor".
    nx3dqrji7f5y.gif
    f523ywht1atr.gif

Whenever I see them, I always expect them to tell the competitors "May the odds be ever in your favor".
  • tsymonds1
    tsymonds1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Became a fan of mixed curling, and anything on snow; skis snowboards jumping aerials or snow cross.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    YosemiteSlamAK Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    How about the snowboarder winning the Giant Slalom ski event?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    seeing the ariel skier win Ukraine's first gold medal in that event in his 4th Olympics was pretty sweet
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I love the snowboarding.

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »

who is the blonde lady sitting next to Pee-Wee Herman's Little Sister?
  • cee134
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

who is the blonde lady sitting next to Pee-Wee Herman's Little Sister?

TIL:

They are Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir.

Tara Lipinski is the 1998 Olympic champion, the 1997 World champion, a two-time Champions Series Final champion (1997–1998), and the 1997 U.S. national champion.

Johnny Weir is a two-time Olympian, the 2008 World bronze medalist, a two-time Grand Prix Final bronze medalist, the 2001 World Junior Champion, and a three-time U.S. national champion (2004–2006).
  • cee134
    Options
    U.S. Women's Hockey Team Will Face Canada In Gold Medal Game At Winter Olympics

n7u2hms93pvg.jpg

The gold medal game, which will air live in the U.S. on Wednesday night. In Korea, the final will start at 1:10 p.m. on Thursday — that's 11:10 p.m. ET and 8:10 PT Wednesday night.

Canada has been the winners of every Olympic gold medal since the U.S. won the first women's tournament back in 1998.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I thought Tara and Johnny would be a lot better then they actually are.
  • cee134
    Options

Meanwhile the US men's team just lost and won't even medal.

I don't know what they were thinking when they put their team together.

Because the NHL (the professional players) didn't let any of it's players play in the Olympics so we had.... the left overs. After watching their first game I knew they wouldn't make it this time.

The USA Women's Olympic Hockey team is much more fun to watch and clearly more talented then the men's team.
  • cee134
    Options

Because the NHL (the professional players) didn't let any of it's players play in the Olympics so we had.... the left overs. After watching their first game I knew they wouldn't make it this time.

The USA Women's Olympic Hockey team is much more fun to watch and clearly more talented then the men's team.

Yes but the same goes for every other country that has players in the NHL. Other countries just figured out where to pull their teams from.

The US was just beaten by the Czech Republic and there's no way that the Czechs, statistically, have more people that play a higher caliber of hockey than the US.

The thing about the US is once you take out the professional athletes for major sports we are OK at best, especially concerning Hockey. Not to mention our best athletes don't want to play Hockey which means we could have better athletes playing but don't. So our Hockey pool isn't the best to began with, and when you take out our best players (because they are all pro) we don't have anyone left.

Same is true for Soccer. All our best athletes don't play either of those sports.
  • cee134
    Options

Yes but the same goes for every other country that has players in the NHL. Other countries just figured out where to pull their teams from.

The US was just beaten by the Czech Republic and there's no way that the Czechs, statistically, have more people that play a higher caliber of hockey than the US.

The thing about the US is once you take out the professional athletes for major sports we are OK at best, especially concerning Hockey. Not to mention our best athletes don't want to play Hockey which means we could have better athletes playing but don't. So our Hockey pool isn't the best to began with, and when you take out our best players (because they are all pro) we don't have anyone left.

Same is true for Soccer. All our best athletes don't play either of those sports.

I'm sure if the same thing happened with football (let's just pretend the NFL used to be in the summer olympics), the US would absolutely demolish every other country since you'd have so many college players that could go lol

I have thought this too. I often wonder what we would be like if we had our best athletes play soccer. I wonder if we would be able to win the World Cup. Things like that.
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    Options
    Most NHL players are foreign born, all the great Canadian, Czech, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and Russian players aren't playing either.
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to seeing the gold medal game!! :)
  • YosemiteSlamAK
    Options
    True. I think most European countries have their own leagues as well, that feed into their depth pool. The number of kids in the other countries that skate compared to the US is much higher too. Not to say we aren't good, we just tend to do a lot of sports as a nation. The Netherlands doesn't do that many sports in the winter games and they're collected a ton of medals in the ones they focus on. Mainly speed skating, where their top male was compared to Lebron James & Steph Curry in terms of popularity, notoriety and endorsement potential.