Circumferential Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck plus Butt/Thigh Lift) pics before & after

Options
1235»

Replies

• JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    tsawrie wrote: »
    Thanks for posting! I lost over 50 lbs and 50 inches and my surgery is scheduled for June 26th. I can't wait and this made me even more excited. I kept asking the doctor if he was sure what I was seeing was skin and not fat. He assures me that it is. I hope I can get similar results that you did!
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Aug. 2nd I'm scheduled for my stomach flap removal. Lost the weight without surgery, now the flap is prone to infection....and because I've kept it off for more than a year, insurance is covering 80% as "preventative care" because of 2 infections I've had from it. From morbidly obese to 185... Give or take 5lbs due to fluctuations. I'm trying to lose 10lbs by then (hopefully more) as I stopped losing weight because the excess skin was getting worse.

Good job on the weight loss and good luck to both of you! If you have any questions, feel free to message me privately. :smiley:
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I’m curious if you are in the US, and if so did your insurance cover any of it?

I am in the US (Harrisburg, PA). My insurance didn't cover anything. The doctor did say he had some patients whose insurance was willing to cover the tummy tuck portion (but not the muscle tightening) if they could prove medical necessity--like recurring yeast infections.

That why my insurance is covering a good portion. Been managing my weight for over a year and the flap keeps getting infected. So it's "preventative" care and covered. Now, ONLY the skin removal is covered, not the rest. Out of pocket is about $2000 for me to have everything else done (Dr recommend as the anesthesia, post surgical care, pain killers, and skin removal are already covered, so it'll cost me less to have everything done at once). I'm also getting muscle tightening and some liposuction to even everything out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!