Atkins/low carb friends?

Options
xmarye
xmarye Posts: 385 Member
edited February 2018 in Food and Nutrition
Hi y'all! :smile:

Long time MFP user back at it after giving birth to my 3rd child! I will be starting my diet after my 6 weeks check-up tomorrow, and I am planning on starting back with the Atkins diet since I have had great success with it in the past, and I remember it being something that I really enjoyed and that helped satisfy my hunger as I maintain a calorie deficit (I also like structure and eating the same foods when losing weight so it takes the guess work and the stress out of it!). I have about 50lbs to lose and would like to lose the first 20lbs before I even think to start exercising seriously since my joints are really inflamed from carrying all that extra weight :'(

Anyone following the Atkins diet or a similar LCHF/low carb diet? Please introduce yourself and add me as a friend so we can encourage each other!

I found this free meal plan from their website and will base my meals/get inspiration from their suggestions. I thought I would share for those that are interested :smile:

https://files.atkins.com/17-07-Atkins-MealPlan-Foodie-20.pdf

Replies

• jessicahrrt6
    jessicahrrt6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Jessica. I am a week into LCHF diet myself. So far down 8.5lbs and feeling better and better. I have a long way to go at currently 294 goal weight of 140 and a height of 5'4. I would love to make some LCHF friends here! Good Luck!
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I've had success with Atkins. I do remember someone saying that Phase 1 (induction) is not suitable if you are breastfeeding, and should start on Phase 2 if so. That would mean a slower loss, but definitely better for baby.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
  • asimpleduty
    asimpleduty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a keto diet, and I must say I had a lapse with wine, but it seems to be going okay!
  • melissadp28
    melissadp28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day two of low carb. so far so good .I have had MFP for a long time too .just for counting calories.My mom passed away and I gained 20 lbs back within a year. took me 2 years to loose 80lbs . Time to get back on track. seen all the success with low carb . Excited to get started.
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • mylancaster1077
    mylancaster1077 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started following the Keto way of life last week. I was down 2lbs in less than a week. Aunt Flo is visiting, so I’ve been unable to weigh in at after my first full week (yesterday). Can’t wait til she leaves so I can check my progress. Congrats on your start!
  • gardendoll1126
    gardendoll1126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm getting back on track with the Keto way. I started in October at 175lbs, lost 20 and fell off the wagon so to speak. After seeing some of that creep back up, I'm back to getting to my original goal of 135. Had great success the first go round and just got into the cycle of " just one piece of pizza, just one cookie,etc " doesn't help I have Leaky Gut Syndrome ( gross name, I know) so wheat and starch are hard on me. Happy to have friends that are low carb, feel free to add me!
  • gardendoll1126
    gardendoll1126 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying a keto diet, and I must say I had a lapse with wine, but it seems to be going okay!

You can have dry wines ( chardonnay, reds ,etc) in small amounts ,just log them. Unless you're strict Keto, then wine is out. At least that's what I've learned from various Keto groups.