Girl Scouts' Cookies

Options
Beware, they are worst than potato chips. Especially, thin mints. They ruined my day today or did I have a great splendor that will happen again (next month?) to eat the other half of the box. Glad I only bought one. A little bit of humor to brighten your day!

Replies

• bijarkhan
    bijarkhan Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I see what you mean about the protein. Surprisingly, they have about 10 times more sodium than sugar. I wouldn't have imagined that.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that I've never had a particular love of GSC. However, this time of year the chocolate marshmallow Easter eggs start appearing in the grocery store and I absolutely love those. (I buy all they have left after Easter when they're on clearance and eat them throughout the year).
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed a recipe difference in the Tagalongs this year? They have been my favorite since I was a kid, but this year they are way thinner, there is less peanut butter, and they now call the chocolate "a chocolatey coating."

Anyway I'm sad. Will stick to the s'mores variety from now on, or Thin Mints.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a recipe difference in the Tagalongs this year? They have been my favorite since I was a kid, but this year they are way thinner, there is less peanut butter, and they now call the chocolate "a chocolatey coating."

Oh no! Tagalongs are my favorite! Although if they made them worse maybe I could resist...
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    GS use two different bakeries which produce dramatically different cookies using the same names. It depends only upon the ZIP code of your supplier which version you get.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »

Is it possible that you're in a different region now and are getting the similar "Peanut Butter Patties" instead of the Tagalongs? Apologies if you already considered this.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't know any girl scouts, nor did I see any of them selling any, so I am cookie-less. I think people buy a ton of them because they only come out once a year and that makes them a special treat. In terms of quality, they are just a cookie and I can get better tasting cookies year around at a bakery. However, I still love Trefoils, and I'd gladly take a box if I can get my hands on one.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    God's greatest gifts!