Down 71lbs now weight won't budge HELP!

Replies

• Lesscookies1
    Lesscookies1 Posts: 250 Member
    edited February 2018
    jennygutt wrote: »
    Well I'm still not sure what to do. If I'm not counting my calories correct then maybe i am eating 1500 instead of 1000 a day. And if my Fitbit is overestimating my cals burned then say brings me to 2500 burned for the whole day including my bmr. That still brings to 1500 cals ate and burned 2500 thats still doesn't add up to why i stopped losing. It just doesnt make sense. I did this for 9 to 10 months and lost 71lbs. I ate about a thousand calories a day and exercised less than what I'm exercising now and would lose over 2 pounds a week. And it just stopped working. nothing changed. I increased my exercise within the last 2 months to try to see if that would help kump start it again and it's not helped either.

@jennygutt - Do you use a food scale to track your caloric intake?
  • jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    The reality is that you have reached a point where the amount of energy you are burning is the same as the amount you are consuming. This has to be true regardless of what your fitbit numbers are saying or what number of calories you think you are consuming. If it wasn't true you would be either losing or gaining weight.

So your options are to increase expenditure or decrease intake, or some combination of the two. Since it sounds like you are exercising plenty then you need to adjust intake.

If I were you I would get a food scale and weigh all solids in grams and measure liquids for a week without changing what I was eating and see what totals I get, then eat less than that per day, say 500 less. Then eat that for a month, weighing etc and see what happens.

No point focussing on why what you were doing isn't working anymore. It just isn't and you need to try something new. If not you will just keep spinning your wheels.

Edited to add: I am not advocating you eat only 500 cals a day because I believe if you weigh your food and use accurate database entries and log everything you will find you are eating >1000 cals

Yeah I hear what you're saying. I did not change the way I ate and I was getting 12000 steps a day. During the last two weeks I update to 30,000 or more steps a day. So obviously I started burning more calories. But I still have not lost any weight in the last 2 weeks. My food has stayed the same I made sure I did not eat any more or less than what I had been and I increased my activity from 12000 steps a day to 30. I guess that's why I'm so confused about what to do because it looks like that would have made some type of difference.
  • jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    The reality is that you have reached a point where the amount of energy you are burning is the same as the amount you are consuming. This has to be true regardless of what your fitbit numbers are saying or what number of calories you think you are consuming. If it wasn't true you would be either losing or gaining weight.

So your options are to increase expenditure or decrease intake, or some combination of the two. Since it sounds like you are exercising plenty then you need to adjust intake.

If I were you I would get a food scale and weigh all solids in grams and measure liquids for a week without changing what I was eating and see what totals I get, then eat less than that per day, say 500 less. Then eat that for a month, weighing etc and see what happens.

No point focussing on why what you were doing isn't working anymore. It just isn't and you need to try something new. If not you will just keep spinning your wheels.

Edited to add: I am not advocating you eat only 500 cals a day because I believe if you weigh your food and use accurate database entries and log everything you will find you are eating >1000 cals

And I cannot see how I can possibly eat any less than what I am. I am starving constantly as it is. Pretty much don't even eat lunch except for maybe a banana. 3 pieces of toast with spray butter for breakfast. And then some chicken and vegetables for dinner. How on Earth can I possibly eat less than that. And like I said everyone else around me is eat twice that amount so it just doesn't make sense to me.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    I agree that un-syncing your Fitbit from MFP sounds like a good idea for you. If you intend to do more than 12k steps a day, change your settings on MFP to active which means you wouldn't manually add exercise as its included. Eat that amount of calories it tells you to lose 0.5 or 1lb a week and see what happens in the next few weeks.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I see that you are frustrated but if you are truly looking for a solution (and not just an explanation how it can be happening) why not start by weighting all your food and carefully logging it here. Don't estimate anything and weigh everything. Also don't connect your fitbit at first, enter your exercise manually from the cardio database.
    Set your loss to 0.5lbs or at most 1lbs per week.

Do this for several weeks and then reevaluate.

How does this sound?

Ok. I plan to get a scale and start weighing foods for sure. Im thinking about unplugging the fitbit and trying that. It will be hard for me cause i have relied on it so much but im gonna try. Lol. But if I do disconnect my fitbit it wont count my jogging in place and things that indo all thru out the day. I guess thatll be ok though. So deff something to give a try.

It will be ok, this way you'll get a better idea of your true burn. When you are weighing everything and the scale starts moving (which it will), then you will know the amount of calories you can eat to lose without feeling you are depending on your Fitbit.

All the best.
    Ruth
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I see that you are frustrated but if you are truly looking for a solution (and not just an explanation how it can be happening) why not start by weighting all your food and carefully logging it here. Don't estimate anything and weigh everything. Also don't connect your fitbit at first, enter your exercise manually from the cardio database.
    Set your loss to 0.5lbs or at most 1lbs per week.

Do this for several weeks and then reevaluate.

How does this sound?

Ok. I plan to get a scale and start weighing foods for sure. Im thinking about unplugging the fitbit and trying that. It will be hard for me cause i have relied on it so much but im gonna try. Lol. But if I do disconnect my fitbit it wont count my jogging in place and things that indo all thru out the day. I guess thatll be ok though. So deff something to give a try.

This stuff is simple, but not always easy. You can do this!