What "I know it sounds weird, but just try it" thing do you swear by?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    This thread has shown me that we need a hiccup cure thread

So make one, no one's tying you to a train track to make someone else choose options related to an ethical question.

I'd rather be the one tied to a track
    JeepHair77 wrote: »

No, we've already solved that. Pay attention!

We might need an acne cure thread, though, because the options presented thus far are sub-optimal.

On the contrary, I feel we've barely scratched the surface of proven methods.

I actually have a method that has been successful 100% of the time I do it

Me too!

Which are?

Also you were the one tied to the track...
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Cure for hiccups - get a small glass of water, and a book of matches, light the match, douse it out in the water and drink the water. It works. It's an old bartender trick.

Now the trick is to have matches available. :D
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    After a day of fishing toothpaste removes the fish smell from your hands...
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    Plug your nose and chug water. Voila, adios hiccup's.
    a teaspoon of sugar gets rid of the hiccups immediately

Well your remedies sound a lot easier than mine...I drink water upside down, works but I'm gonna try your ways next time

I drink water upside down too WITH my nose plugged. Learned that trick back in 7th grade. Was in a drafting class that was always silent. It was extremely silent as everyone was drawing their plans and layouts and measuring and stuff ...until I got the hiccups. Everyone kept looking at me. I know it was annoying. The teacher pulled me aside, took me to the water fountain, and in a hushed tone, whispered the formula to me.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    Peanut butter and dill pickles on toast, always...little hot sauce if your feeling adventurous. I like it best on rye bread

My friend and I used to have peanut butter, pickle, and cheese sandwiches when we were kids. ALL THE TIME. WE LOVED it - yet neither one of us will eat it now. LOL
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    If you have blisters on your feet - pee on them. It has to be your own pee and you need to do it three times, without washing your feet in between. It is easier to pee into a cup and then just pour over as needed. Pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, pee, allow to air dry, put on some socks (so you don't tramp pee all over the place, eeew) and leave to marinade overnight. Wash in the morning and the blisters are all better

Apparently urine is good for the skin. I knew a girl who would take her first pee of the day onto a cotton swab then wipe it on her face. She suffered from painful cystic acne and this got rid of it. I admit she had beautiful skin eventually. But I feel sorry for all the people who kissed her cheeks and touched her face not knowing.

OK now I am horrified
  • cee134
    Options

So make one, no one's tying you to a train track to make someone else choose options related to an ethical question.

We might need an acne cure thread, though, because the options presented thus far are sub-optimal.

Me too!

Which are?

You said no one was tying me to a track!

I can't share my super secret method until I figure out how to bottle and sell it.

Didn't you already post it in the Million Dollar Idea thread?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Neti pot.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options

Me too!

Which are?

You said no one was tying me to a track!

I can't share my super secret method until I figure out how to bottle and sell it.

Agreed.
    klkarlen wrote: »
    Cure for hiccups - get a small glass of water, and a book of matches, light the match, douse it out in the water and drink the water. It works. It's an old bartender trick.

Now the trick is to have matches available. :D

To much. Mines better.

Mine doubles as an air freshener in case your hiccups cause flatulence :D
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

This would be a godsend if people actually suggested things that worked and didn't run into the hundreds of dollars. I have moderate adult acne, but I don't know if I want to pee in a cup to "cure" it.
  • cee134
    Options

This would be a godsend if people actually suggested things that worked and didn't run into the hundreds of dollars. I have moderate adult acne, but I don't know if I want to pee in a cup to "cure" it.

I find coconut oil works way better for that and it moisturizes too.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

I find coconut oil works way better for that and it moisturizes too.

I'd rather smell like coconuts (even though I dislike it) than urine any day of the week. :P
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Drinking pickle juice for muscle cramps. Works pretty much instantly.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    zcb94 wrote: »
    a teaspoon of sugar gets rid of the hiccups immediately

Unfortunately, that counts as self-harm if you are diabetic. What would you do then? (Not getting defensive, genuinely asking for myself.)

Depends on how controlled you are I guess. My Mom is type 1 and has used it, and for her it didn't spike her any more than a candybar or cupcake would. Otherwise....maybe just hope you only get hiccups when you are low?
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Peanut butter and dill pickles on toast, always...little hot sauce if your feeling adventurous. I like it best on rye bread

My friend and I used to have peanut butter, pickle, and cheese sandwiches when we were kids. ALL THE TIME. WE LOVED it - yet neither one of us will eat it now. LOL

Were you high