Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Replies

• Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    edited February 2018
    What have people’s experiences been with redefining friendships? I find friends are disappointed I am not drinking if/when we go out. This is difficult because I am a “people pleaser” - but it’s time to be my more authentic self - or what I am working to become. Thoughts?

Yes, im learning i cant please everyone. The most important one is myself bcoz i have to live with the consequences. Drinking is one of them.i am scared to drink if i dont trust the people im drinking with or pouring them. People take an advanrage of u when u are less aware of yourself.
    I understand where u r coming from bcoz people want to relax and have fun. I don't get asked anywhere much bcoz im not eating and drinking what they do. I try to introduced mocktails but they don't give the same buzz so theyre knocked back.
    If u come across any ideas is b interested. I guess find new friends that dont drink.. is the other option.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    @blackopal93, thanks for the correction! I'm just hoping I'll be forgiven for slight mistakes when I'm in Italy. I always find it charming when Italian- or French-speakers make slight errors in English, but then they have those lovely accents, not my Texas twang! I'll be sure to specify "frizzante" for my acqua! Love the bubbles.

Excited to begin another month. Just returned from my check-up to learn that I've lost 10 lbs. since Jan. 1. Motivation!

Awesome 10 pounds is a lot!! Bravo! Have a wonderful time on vacation!
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    @JenT304 - great video on the sober celebrities. Appreciate your sharing it. Was inspired by seeing so many successful people who are AF.
  • kellynrwood
    kellynrwood Posts: 13 Member
    I’m in. Coming home tomorrow from vacation. I’ve been in New Orleans for almost a week and I have only had:

Friday - 2 oz beer at a brewery tour
    Saturday - 4 oz beer at a cooking class
    Sunday - 1 pint of beer at lunch at Felix’s with my red beans and rice watching the oyster shuckers at the bar.
    Monday - one very generous pour of Cabernet at dinner at GW Fins.

Tonight we are going out to see Beth Hart, but like her, I choose not to be a drinker today!

Here is to another great month with all you great people!

You are my hero if you went to New Orleans and kept it that lean. There is no chance that I will make that happen In Costa Rica next month, but it's inspiring!
  • wigi41
    wigi41 Posts: 42 Member
    I am back for March, too! Had a dry January and dry February, planning for a damp March (3 planned drinks total), we shall see how that goes after so many AF days! So thankful for this thread.
  • Well beings as it is still February ... I think I will start tomorrow.
    I think I saw somebody in here with a plan kind of like ...
    If I burn a thousand exercise calories then I can have something.
    I think my something is going to be 12 oz of beer and 50 ml of spirit.
    I think I am going to run that thousand kind of cumulative.
    Kind of like if I burn 800 one day and then 500 the next, I can have something.
    I don't often burn 1000 in a day and I don't really exercise every day.
    So it will prob take me 3 or 4 days to get my thousand.
    Maybe that will get me out of my every day habit.