Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

I didn’t sleep very well though, I do wonder if that was from the alcohol, but this morning I don’t have any, “oh my gosh what did I say to do and so” panicked moments running through my head. I remember all the conversations, the scores of the games, what I ate, what I drank, and what the babysitter told me about the kids night when I got home.

Now on to St Pats!
    How nice to 'remember' the good time you had. Congrats.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I didn’t sleep very well though, I do wonder if that was from the alcohol, but this morning I don’t have any, “oh my gosh what did I say to do and so” panicked moments running through my head.
    ehseeker wrote: »
    It's insane how much energy alcohol takes from our lives: drinking it, thinking about drinking it, thinking about not drinking it, suffering from drinking it! Aeeiiii, it's enough to drive one to ???... go to gym?

Big thumbs up to you both. Can relate to both of those statements.

Last night was the reopening of a waterfront eatery near us. They were having a band early (5:30PM) which is why I really wanted to go. Knowing it was St. Pats today I used last night to indulge just a little after being none alcohol for 4 consecutive days. I nursed a horrible drink the bartender tried making an Irish coffee without the correct ingredients. Which turned out better for me because I did not want a second after my taste buds being destroyed from the taste. Early night home.

So the plan today/ night is to be the only totally sober St.Patricks Day adult in town. Wait until they hear me order a virgin bloody Irishman drink. Hahaha.
  • dressagerider1020
    dressagerider1020 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Saturday St.Pattys Day, the only thing I REALLY want to do is find some place serving Irish lamb stew or bangers and mash. I won't be participating in any drinking of alcohol that day because I know how quickly it can go South. Oh and I want to listen to Irish music. (Sorry erik...lol)

I love the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, here's a link to their concert at Carnegie Hall, I have the whole thing memorized. What a great group they were. There are 3 drinking songs, (which will probably make you NOT want to drink :) ) and plenty of IRA songs...those were just the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTM5Ex-_cU
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    Saturday St.Pattys Day, the only thing I REALLY want to do is find some place serving Irish lamb stew or bangers and mash. I won't be participating in any drinking of alcohol that day because I know how quickly it can go South. Oh and I want to listen to Irish music. (Sorry erik...lol)

I love the Clancy Brothers and Tommy Makem, here's a link to their concert at Carnegie Hall, I have the whole thing memorized. What a great group they were. There are 3 drinking songs, (which will probably make you NOT want to drink :) ) and plenty of IRA songs...those were just the times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaTM5Ex-_cU
    What a pleasant surprise to see this. I saw them live more times than I can count. They were the best. Liam had the most wonderful voice for ballads. Thanks for posting. I'll be listening while I make colcannon to go with the ribs. We already ate the corned beef; just couldn't wait.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Chilly St Pats here. Walked to the parade with a baileys and coffee. Too cold to drink beer during the parade. Walked home. 12k steps before 1pm. Went to the store, passed right by all the vendors offering wine samples - first time ever that I didn’t hit them all and buy some of what they were promoting. Tonight low key night at home with basketball (Rock Chalk Jayhawks!) and baked potato soup. May have a beer, don’t really want to open a bottle of wine, but we’ll see. No pressure and feeling really good about how I did this weekend that i was previously nervous about!

haha, made me chuckle...

good on ya
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    @salleewins that is fantastic about the smaller dress size! What a great feeling that is. And it IS fun discovering new teas isn't it?
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Well done!! Awesome job. Such a great idea to go shopping for clothes I stead if drinking, that's the best yet idea. Its focusing your accomplishments and rewarding you for the effort!! Great work, thanks for the inspiration
  • kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    All my angst about breaking my streak was for nothing; I did just fine and didnt feel the need to continue drinking. Xo

@JulieAL1969 - SO great to get your report. Was thinking about you yesterday and hoping all was well. Congrats on being in control, making conscious decisions about how much was enough for you and moving on. You are an inspiration.