Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    @missanne11 there are so many reasons why you would see the scale number go up...before you see it go down. Try gauging with a snug pair of jeans instead of using the scale. Weighted workouts are awesome and once you gain muscle from doing them, guess what, muscle burns fat.
    Stay strong.
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @missanne11 there are so many reasons why you would see the scale number go up...before you see it go down. Try gauging with a snug pair of jeans instead of using the scale. Weighted workouts are awesome and once you gain muscle from doing them, guess what, muscle burns fat.
    Stay strong.
    I will tomorrow. Thank you missmay! I need encouragement!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    @missanne11 keep going. Cry if you need to. That sounds frustrating! You will figure this out. It is hard, but going back to the past way is worse. My Dr. who is overweight said to me after I broke a rib 2 years ago STRETCHING after doing a lot right, "It is hard, but we have to keep trying." Get it out of your system and start again. Keep us posted!
  • missanne11
    missanne11 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I'm just depressed as this has let me down. I am trying to b positive but the scales don't help me. I've avoided them for almost 2 weeks and to see this gain is very disappointing
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    missanne11 wrote: »
    Well I'm mad 9 days AF and been exercising crazy and logging everything and weighed myself. Up a pound. I ended up drinking. I'm on 3 white rum and club sodas watching tv. Still going to gym tomorrow but
    Pissed. Very frustrated. Doing lots of cardio and weightlifting. More than I've done in past 5? Years consistently. Anyone else experiencing this. I could cry

STOP @missanne11!
    Muscle weighs more than fat...Girl you are more than likely getting fit right before your eyes. It is only one pound, NOT 10. Take a deep breath. I wish I could send you my inspirational CD from Chalene Johnson of Beachbody workout. She would reasure you that you are on the right path.
    Please don't cry. That would start a chain reaction on here and we would all be crying. :)

I can't help replying here.. I'm here backing up everyone what they are saying, we hear and feel for u Please relax take some time out.. start afresh..xo
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    Thank you. I'm just depressed as this has let me down. I am trying to b positive but the scales don't help me. I've avoided them for almost 2 weeks and to see this gain is very disappointing

I see where u r coming from. If u have scalesthat weighs fat %, I highly recommend watching that. It's very encouraging. I think the womens healthy fat % is 25.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Well I'm mad 9 days AF and been exercising crazy and logging everything and weighed myself. Up a pound. I ended up drinking. I'm on 3 white rum and club sodas watching tv. Still going to gym tomorrow but
    Pissed. Very frustrated. Doing lots of cardio and weightlifting. More than I've done in past 5? Years consistently. Anyone else experiencing this. I could cry

STOP @missanne11!
    Muscle weighs more than fat...Girl you are more than likely getting fit right before your eyes. It is only one pound, NOT 10. Take a deep breath. I wish I could send you my inspirational CD from Chalene Johnson of Beachbody workout. She would reasure you that you are on the right path.
    Please don't cry. That would start a chain reaction on here and we would all be crying. :)

I guess but I was hoping to see weight loss. Ugh. This is hard battle. This group and the gym friends r keeping me going. I just want to see weight loss. Soo hard!!

There are lots of reasons why weight fluctuates throughout the day, hour, week or month. Hormones, stress, TOM, new exercise, different foods, etc. You really shouldn’t get hung up on one weigh in that didn’t go the way you were expecting.

Also, aside from the normal weight fluctuations, true weight loss comes from a calorie deficit. Are you sure you’re in one? Are you logging all the foods you eat, sticking with the weight loss goal MFP provides? Are you weighing your foods?

A lot of people in these threads cutting out alcohol have found they’ve been subbing with sweets or other extra calories. While many have seen some weight loss, if you replace the alcohol with something else you may not lose weight as desired.

Be patient and try not to have a knee jerk reaction. Weight loss isn’t linear.

Good luck.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options

STOP @missanne11!

Exactly right! We will all be crying! You are winning, numbers on a scale don't mean as much as how you feel. How proud of yourself you are (and should be).
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

And the rest of the day to you! I had O'Douls a long time ago. It was pretty good. I'm assuming it hasn't changed much.[/quote]

The Odouls was good, happy I tried it tonight, nice change from my usual club soda.
  • MissMay
    Options

Good morning! Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends. We have a beautiful view of the city; our hotel is in the industrial area but the lake is in the distance. Last night, went to a a classy restaurant , had some flatbread pizza and one glass of Chardonnay. As I put that glass to my lips, I was a little nervous after months of being AF. First taste I thought how bland it tastes. I sipped the rest slowly and ate. I prepped myself that if the bartender asks me if I want another, I'll say no thanks. And I did.

I felt just fine and the only thing that resulted was my cheeks were a little flush.
    This morning, we are up and ready to go to the bars soon. I am not sure I'll drink today to be honest. I just dont feel like having it.
    Hope your day or night is joyful and peaceful.
    All my angst about breaking my streak was for nothing; I did just fine and didnt feel the need to continue drinking. Xo

From one Ohio girl to another. YOU GOT THIS! Happy St.Pat's
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options

Good morning! Happy St. Patrick's Day my friends. We have a beautiful view of the city; our hotel is in the industrial area but the lake is in the distance. Last night, went to a a classy restaurant , had some flatbread pizza and one glass of Chardonnay. As I put that glass to my lips, I was a little nervous after months of being AF. First taste I thought how bland it tastes. I sipped the rest slowly and ate. I prepped myself that if the bartender asks me if I want another, I'll say no thanks. And I did.

I felt just fine and the only thing that resulted was my cheeks were a little flush.
    This morning, we are up and ready to go to the bars soon. I am not sure I'll drink today to be honest. I just dont feel like having it.
    Hope your day or night is joyful and peaceful.
    All my angst about breaking my streak was for nothing; I did just fine and didnt feel the need to continue drinking. Xo

From one Ohio girl to another. YOU GOT THIS! Happy St.Pat's

You got this, too, my friend! Xoxo
  • MissMay
    Options
    MCR_AL wrote: »
    Alcohol is my absolute nemesis, I love it and hate it/quote]

You found the right place. Welcome.
  • Alzzi76
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Happy day/ night everyone :)<3o:)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Buongiorno from Italia! Just caught up on all the posts while having breakfast and cappuccino that would make Starbucks hang their heads in shame. And I love Starbucks.

Best wishes to all on this St. Pat’s Day. I have been judiciously having vino and spritzes here in Florence but they don’t taste as good as they used to. Too much baggage with alcohol now I think.

It’s good to hear everyone’s “voices”. The beauty here is so overwhelming I wouldn’t dare try to describe it. I’m privileged to have a “room with a view “ and see the Duomo first and last thing daily.

One cool thing is Italians love their acqua minerale. That’s the only drink I’ve seen ordered in quantity.

When we were in Florence we stayed right down the street from the duomo. I’m so jealous! Enjoy the gelato!
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options

If you're working out and gaining muscle the scale won't be the best way to judge progress. Do your clothes fit looser? Have you taken your measurements so that you can see if your losing inches?