Less Alcohol - March 2018- One day at a Time

Options

Replies

• ms_true
    ms_true Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm back for March. Over Feb I drank one bottle of wine and a couple beer. Nearly the same as Jan. This month I'm going for 100%.
  • PSlosing29
    PSlosing29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I’m in. I actually started to slowely reduce my alcohol intake last month. I would love to be a part of a group doing the same.
    I’m looking to have more dry days and less intake on days I do have drink(s).
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I had to really talk myself out of finishing the half bottle of merlot that has been sitting untouched for the past 11 days. Long 12 hour day, then a long difficult talk with a good friend on my drive home. Lots of reasons (excuses) to drink...

Got busy with stuff after getting home... the Angel on my shoulder won this round!

Trying a bottle of kombucha, made a yummy healthy pizza, settling in for the night, knowing I will feel great in the morning too!

I don't think I could have resisted without the strength you all have all shared!

Well done!! .. through all that you made good descison. It sounds so yum wish i was there :)
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Two more tips.... for those of you who are abstaining or significantly reducing, you may want to take a "before" picture of yourself as you begin this new month. Then, take an after at the end of the month and see if you notice any changes.

Second, keep busy when you are in the early days of AF. Some of us have learned that cravings take 6 minutes to pass. So, have a plan. What will you do instead of drinking for those 6 minutes? Many of us have substituted tea for alcohol. Find what works for you.
    It's possible to establish new patterns and retrain our brain. It will just take some time.

Who has more tips for someone who is new to the AF journey or trying to moderate? Share with us what worked for you. Xo

I've never heard about the 6 minute rule, but makes sense to me!
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    ehjmn034a51m.jpg
    This is a suggestion and my favorite :)
    While the others have the same with vodka i have it without it.
  • zenetanar
    zenetanar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I moved to Germany in September and the beer and wine are so good... and so cheap... so it's so hard not to overindulge. (Chocolate too, but I've done better with that one since January.) I still want to enjoy a glass of wine at dinner, and the occasional beer, but I need to stop drinking half the bottle between when I get home and when I go to sleep! Or pouring myself a half litre of beer as soon as I walk in the door, and then sipping wine later on.