• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Fo Sho, or anything with an Izzel.
  • lujako
    lujako Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    mikeb4bjj wrote: »
    The phrase "cringe worthy" is quite cringe inducing. "Worthy" suggests an aspirational context, not an involuntary response that's akin to disgust or contempt. Absolutely detest the phrase "cringe worthy."

Ouch :smile: Well I tried for a better title but me wee intellect just wouldn't work.
  • mikeb4bjj
    mikeb4bjj Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    lujako wrote: »
    The phrase "cringe worthy" is quite cringe inducing. "Worthy" suggests an aspirational context, not an involuntary response that's akin to disgust or contempt. Absolutely detest the phrase "cringe worthy."

Ouch :smile: Well I tried for a better title but me wee intellect just wouldn't work.

Please don't take my idiosyncratic pet peeve-sturbating as an insult :). Loads of people use the phrase, it's part of the vernacular now. I, personally, can't stand it.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    My step dad always calls my mom "My darling "

Eww, for that matter any cutsie "pet" names, make me gag
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

Please don't take my idiosyncratic pet peeve-sturbating as an insult :). Loads of people use the phrase, it's part of the vernacular now. I, personally, can't stand it.

That phrase is NOT cringe worthy :smile:
  • lujako
    Options

I'll pull out my dictionary later to figure out exactly how to respond...but no insult to be had...pretty sure your original comment was perfect. *thumbs up* BTW...I had to clean my monitor after LOL
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    When a politician says "Now lets be absolutely clear on this" You know they are going to prevaricate.
  • lujako
    Options
    Right
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Totes magotes or however the heck it is.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »

I think honey, dear, babe etc. are ok.

But I do dislike sweetie pie, honeybun/pie, schnookems, the wife, etc.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    Being called 'ma'am'. Makes me feel like I'm 110 years old.

You would hate my neck of the woods, Becky. Everyone gets called ma'am starting at about 25 and we're not even in the actual South (lol)
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Oh my lanta... Because... Oh my gosh is too much???
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Oh no lol I often say, "hey, darling" to my husband so I guess I am very cringy :'(

Can't imagine you making me cringe...coming from you it probably sounds endearing and elegant.
    81Katz wrote: »

I think honey, dear, babe etc. are ok.

But I do dislike sweetie pie, honeybun/pie, schnookems, the wife, etc.

For the most part I can't handle any of it, with the exception being people who sound truly in love and all adorable like. It's like seeing a cute kitten, makes me say "Aww" (doesn't happen often)

If anyone ever calls me one I ignore them, or go over the top stringing as many of them in a row that I can..."ok sweet peanut, honey bunches of oats, love of my life, my darling clementine, hot stuff, man of my dreams, baby cakes..."

I prefer to be called *kitten*!