Cringe Worthy Sayings

Options

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    "just reaching out to you..."

What corporate communications genius came up with that one? You can follow up with me, check back with me, get back with me, but if you try to "reach out to me", I'm gonna cut off your *kitten* hand!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    not a saying/phrase...but I cringe when people say "irregardless".

Or "in regards to". How about plain old "regarding"...
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    81Katz wrote: »
    A number of years ago a relative and her husband lost their child only a couple weeks after his birth and one of the biggest aholes I've ever met (family 'friend') told her "It just wasn't meant to be. God needed him more."

Sometimes people put there foot in there mouth on how they say things ..

Nah, that's a dck move.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." Yes we know you already said it. You don't need to remind us that you said it.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." "With that being said." Yes we know you already said it. You don't need to remind us that you said it.

Guess what I'm really tempted to say to you

"To be honest." ?? :D
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options

That you're going to give me a hug today? :)
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options

"To be honest." ?? :D

That you're going to give me a hug today? :)

You're wrong on both counts and WITH THAT BEING SAID, I'm sorry that I can't control myself :D

Hee hee. Ok. Thanks for saying it to me. :D
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    For all intensive purposes. What?

Right, it doesn't make any sense because that's not the saying. It's "For all intents and purposes".
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    becky10rp wrote: »
    When a family member/loved one dies and someone tells you 'they're in a better place'. Makes me want to tell this person I wish THEY were in that same 'better place'.

It's even worse for a parent whose lost a child.

Yes! I just had this convo with some friends this morning. As a parent that has lost a child, there's no better place for her but here with her family. Period. And don't tell me "he has a plan". His plan sucks.

You may not believe it but what if they do ?
    They can't express there love ?

Sometimes in a time of loss it's better to not say much and just let them know you are very sorry and you will be there for them. If I don't believe it, then I don't want someone telling me that I should believe it as I am burying my child.

People who know you would know if you believe or not .. then they would know what to say .

The people closest to me yes, but in that situation you start hearing from people you haven't talked to in 10 years. I know the intent is good and kind but it got completely overwhelming and people say some really dumb stuff in those situations. Hence, keep it short and sweet unless you are close to that person.

I just want to say I am sorry for you're loss ((( hugs )))

Thank you.

And I am not trying to argue, I just know that no matter what you were to say to me at that time, there was absolutely nothing that would have taken that pain away. So please don't make it worse with what you do you say.

(And I don't mean you in particular just people in general)
  • LittleLionHeart1
    Options
    When a family member/loved one dies and someone tells you 'they're in a better place'. Makes me want to tell this person I wish THEY were in that same 'better place'.

Yes! I just had this convo with some friends this morning. As a parent that has lost a child, there's no better place for her but here with her family. Period. And don't tell me "he has a plan". His plan sucks.

You may not believe it but what if they do ?
    They can't express there love ?

Sometimes in a time of loss it's better to not say much and just let them know you are very sorry and you will be there for them. If I don't believe it, then I don't want someone telling me that I should believe it as I am burying my child.

People who know you would know if you believe or not .. then they would know what to say .

The people closest to me yes, but in that situation you start hearing from people you haven't talked to in 10 years. I know the intent is good and kind but it got completely overwhelming and people say some really dumb stuff in those situations. Hence, keep it short and sweet unless you are close to that person.

I just want to say I am sorry for you're loss ((( hugs )))

Thank you.

And I am not trying to argue, I just know that no matter what you were to say to me at that time, there was absolutely nothing that would have taken that pain away. So please don't make it worse with what you do you say.

(And I don't mean you in particular just people in general)

I'm just giving you a plain and simple hug today.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

I've been guilty of that one... I just never know the right thing to say. :grimace:

“I’m so so for your loss. I’m here for you.”
  • catherineg3
    catherineg3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    non-words. Well, I mean, um, uh, like, y'know? Now, here's the thing.
    if you can't articulate words, keep your mouth shut. mkay?
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    non-words. Well, I mean, um, uh, like, y'know? Now, here's the thing.
    if you can't articulate words, keep your mouth shut. mkay?

Well, um, I can articulate my words, but uhhh, I just don't want to y'know? Like keep your mouth shut m'kay?

Now here's the thing .. :lol::wink:
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

I am so sorry for your loss. I can’t fathom the pain you must have felt or are still feeling. I wish I could offer more comfort than that.