March 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!

I was so relieved to learn I wasn't the only person who did this.

I think we all have done it many times. It is annoying to load your run log for the day and see 6.99 miles or something. :)
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher When is your HM? With mileage like that, it's gotta be close. Unless those are KM.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    mommarobb wrote: »
    I have been insanely busy and haven't been able to read posts. I am so far behind I will never catch up on reading it all. I have now lost 102lbs (although ticker says 75 as I lost some before joining) I am now out of the 200lbs + club. And today, I jogged for 1.5 miles without having having to walk. To me this is huge as 6 months ago going up a flight of stairs damn near killed me.

exercise.png

You awesome! Well done!
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    mommarobb wrote: »
    I have been insanely busy and haven't been able to read posts. I am so far behind I will never catch up on reading it all. I have now lost 102lbs (although ticker says 75 as I lost some before joining) I am now out of the 200lbs + club. And today, I jogged for 1.5 miles without having having to walk. To me this is huge as 6 months ago going up a flight of stairs damn near killed me.

exercise.png
    ...wish we still had the "Awesome" button....

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    @Tacklewasher When is your HM? With mileage like that, it's gotta be close. Unless those are KM.

Top left corner of the spreadsheet.
    KM
    I'm Canadian.

HM is mid-june.

For *kitten*'s and giggles I stepped on the scale right after my run. 201.7 down from 203.5 first thing this morning.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    3/1 = rest day
    3/2 = 2 slow miles with the dog
    3/3 = rest day
    3/4 = 13 miles - Alamo 1/2 Marathon
    3/5 = 2 miles - Attempt # 2 at trying to "run" with my dog.
    3/6 = 9 miles - easy pace
    3/7 = 2 miles - Attempt #3 at trying to run with my dog
    3/8 = Vinyasa yoga class & 6 miles
    3/9 = 14 miles
    3/10 = rest day
    3/11 = 7 miles - walk/run intervals with the running group
    3/12 = Strength training at the gym
    3/13 = 6 miles
    3/14 = 8 miles
    3/15 = sick/rest day
    3/16 = sick/rest day
    3/17 = sick/rest day
    3/18 = 8.5 miles
    3/19 = 6 miles
    3/20 = 8.5 miles
    3/21 = rest day
    3/22 = 6 miles
    3/23 = 14 miles
    3/24 = rest day / walk the husband and puppy in the park
    3/25 = 12 miles (run/walk intervals with the group)

March Goal Miles = 150 / 124 Miles Completed

Upcoming Races:
    4/7/18 = Outlaw Half Marathon
    4/22/18 = Red Poppy 5K
    10/28/18 = Austin Haunted Half
    1/26/19 = Miami Tropical 5K
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon

• JulieS3103
    JulieS3103 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    March 1 - 3 mile Treadmill run
    March 2 - Strength workout
    March 4 - 8 mile run
    March 6 - 3.5 mile Treadmill run
    March 8 - 4 mile Treadmill run
    March 10 - 6 mile run
    March 14 - 3.14 mile Pi run
    March 15 - 2 mile Treadmill run
    March 17 - USO 10 miler Ft Campbell
    March 20 - 3 mile Treadmill run
    March 21 - Strength workout
    March 22 - 4 mile run
    March 24 - 4 mile Treadmill run
    March 25 - 6 mile run

56.64 miles so far/Goal 55 miles

Upcoming Races:
    4/28/18 Brown Deer 10k
    6/10/18 Manitowoc Half Marathon
    8/18/18 Madison Mini Half Marathon
    9/16/18 North Face Endurance 10k
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    March Running Update

Week 1: 12
    Week 2: 53.7
    Week 3: 40.9
    Week 4: 45.0
    total: 151.6

Similar week as last week - travel, travel delays (again) and dealing with left foot plantar issue. 6 weeks till big day. Someone posted a video on my strava account which is a great video on commitment. I like a couple of lines and one specifically about the difference between the pig and chicken. I am the pig!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MXghcI8hcWU
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Short race report is on my blog. Just quick thoughts on a relatively quick race.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Busy day today, no running.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    A nine mile run for me this morning. It's my first run over 10k since my half marathon back in November. Plenty of other runners out and about in the snow and lots of encouraging waves and a 'good job' from the runners running down Heartbreak Hill while I was running up it.

I was nearly home when I realised my run would be less than nine miles, so I added a couple of turns, ran against the tangents, and ran to the top of the street and back again to hit 9:01 miles. My husband was looking out of the window watching my antics and laughing his head off at me.

I had to run past my house to the top of the street to get at least six miles. It never used to bother me until joining this thread!!!

I was so relieved to learn I wasn't the only person who did this.

OCD to fill out the next even mile is very common among distance runners. I've done it, and just about every marathon runner I know has done it.