WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    It would appear that I'm going to spray our (husband's and my) bedroom with something.

All night long, I kept dreaming that I was being bitten by something, and I was restless in the night.

This morning I woke up with my right arm covered in welts ... like the large red mossie-bite welts I get. There's another one on my left hand, and my back and scalp are also itchy in places.

I wasn't paying much attention when I hastily dashed out the door to catch the early bus to the university this morning, but when I got to work, I had a better look at my arm, and if I had to guess, a swarm of mosquitoes descended on me in the night. Or maybe spiders?

Ah the joys of summer in Australia!! :astonished:

Machka in Oz
  • My2ruself
    My2ruself Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I would like to join this group, but am not sure how to find it again??

My health goals are
    1. To get to bed each night without falling asleep on the couch first for several hours. AND get 6-8 hours of sleep.
    2. To get back to lifting 3x per week.
    3. In addition to the lifting, any type of exercise 3x week
    4. Keep calories down even as exercise increases
    5. Lose 6 more pounds to get under awful big number and never see it again

I am going to use my old formula of one protein serving, one fruit and one veggie for 3 x per day. The fruit had enough sugar to keep the sugar cravings for junk food away.

Thanks.
    Deb
  • Machka9
    Options
    My2ruself wrote: »
    Hi. I would like to join this group, but am not sure how to find it again??

It's in the Motivation and Support subforum, usually right near the top.

Also, you can bookmark it by clicking the blank star above the search magnifying glass near the top. It will turn yellow when you click it.

Then click the grey start right at the top from wherever you are to find it again.

Machka in Oz

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning from Ohio! It is cold again. I have been spoiled these past 2 weeks with the hint of spring.
    Feeling ready for the week. Will have to work at steps at least today and tomorrow. Work, then massage tonight. Was up at 4 this morning-smh. Needed up to work on some paperwork, but really? Tomorrow I have class 90 minutes away all day. Will be another really early morning and sitting day.
    Kitchen floor mopped, paperwork as complete as I can do at home, laundry done and put away. Usually I find the last load in the dryer when I start next run.
    Wise choices for everyone today!
    Joyce- I hope you get to feeling better today.

<3
    Kylia
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka 1.5 kg? congrats!!! Bites and welts? Yikes!!! So with you about swelling when insect bitten... BUgs love me, when we visit Joe's kin in Kentucky every bug in the state rubs its little hands together in joy and chuckles "she's baaaacckk!"

Yes ... they seem to love me too! My husband was in bed beside me, and didn't have a single bite. Whatever it was went after me alone. I've been discovering more bites throughout the day. I've got several on my right arm, and I've discovered a couple behind my right knee, and on my right hip. Plus I'm sure I've got some on my back.

I checked the bed, and couldn't find anything there. Then I sprayed it with Eucalyptus spray ... so much we had to go for a walk!

The only thing I can think of is that something might have gotten into my nightgown. I'll have to check that. And who knows, it might have been in my hair and was washed down the drain when I showered this morning. I do know that as I was waking up, I put my hand on the nape of my neck and felt something there, which I dropped, and would have dropped it onto my hair. So maybe it's long gone.

Machka in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kelly ~ Prayers and good thoughts for your friend and her family.
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

Terry - Please stop beating yourself up over what you have eaten. You can't change the past so please let it go. Concentrate on one meal at a time and do your best. That's all you can do and that is a start. Big hugs my friend!

Kylia - I know what you mean. Sometimes the house just screams at me to finally please clean it. I am a very neat person generally, everything is in its place and organized. However, I am not a clean freak. I can live with some dust no problem.

Wendy - Laughing at your picking up the hula hoop for 5 minutes. I tried a few years ago and couldn't even get it to go around once!

Sue in Troutdale - I'm sorry you lost your Lab. We lost our fur baby almost two years ago. He was my constant companion and one of my very best friends. My hubs traveled a lot for work so Sam and I were home alone. He had some health issues that required him not being left alone unsupervised so we were literally together all the time the last 18 months or so of his life. I wouldn't change it for the world. I was lucky enough to work from home so he laid in the office next to my desk. Neither my husband nor I are ready for another dog. At this point, we still miss Sam, we don't miss having a dog. I am also enjoying the freedom to travel when I want to see friends or tag along with hubs when he travels for work. I can work from anywhere as long as I can log in and have access to mail a check :smile: .

Machka - Yeah for the loss! Bug spray for sure! OH MY GOODNESS!

Katla - Yeah for getting back to Arrow. I know you both enjoyed that!

Rye - Congrats on week one of the hula hoop challenge being done! Great job!!

Deb - Welcome!

Kim - I hope your daughter feels better soon!

NYKaren - Congrats on the successful concert!

Peach - The grands look great! Congrats on their baptism.

Barbara - Tumble is adorable!!

Kelly - Prayers for you, your son, your friend and all the family. I also pray the children will pick up your spirits and distract you for a while today to let you have some peace.

Have a great day ladies!

Okie in the TX Hill Country