total cal 918
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Somebody asked me what TRX is, sorry I can't remember who! I could go in to a rather long, somewhat boring and confusing explanation or I could just suggest that you Google it. I don't say this to be rude, rather because you will get a MUCH better explanation than I could ever give and you should be able to actually see exercises. It's a really good workout, and it's all based on using your own bodyweight to do the work. It can be made more or less difficult depending on your level of comfort. I don't think it will ever be easy..... lol

Machka, sorry to hear you're suffering even more! Could you be having a reaction to a poison that maybe got into you? Would medical attention be an idea? Do take care!

Katla, glad you had an enjoyable riding lesson! I'm guessing this means Arrow cooperated?? If so, nice!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,368 Member
    Options
    I went to CVS today to get some candy on sale to give to the soup kitchen. I kept looking around for something that I don't like. Eventually, I found it. Good!

Evelyn - for a long time I've wanted this TRX that you use at home. By the time I got it, that's when I started having balance issues so I haven't used it. I would like to give it a try just to see if I can do it.

Sue in WA - I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter.

Michele in NC
    who is off to bed now
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Ooh this is a great rental!!!
    https://www.apartments.com/851-sw-castilian-dr-oak-harbor-wa/rv1rxw3/

And this one, but its kind of far from the city.
    https://www.apartments.com/619-maplewood-loop-oak-harbor-wa/ygs28jv/

Talked with eldest son, and he's been so nice about what we can afford. He stated it doesn't have to be an equal 50/50 split. Presently we can not spend more than $900 (what we're paying now), as our portion.

Was going to get my hair cut short, but the stylist was so nice, telling me my long hair was beautiful. That was a nice compliment. She also stated my hair felt strong, so I am keeping it, for now!
    Take care, hugs to all!
    Becca
    Oregon
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    @wildhorsewendy - Great song but too slow a cadence for me. I'm working up to 180 bpm and that one is recorded at about 135 or so, too slow. But I found it at 180 bpm, wow, he's really zipping through those words at that rate. lol I'd probably use it for working out but not running. Never heard of the group, a new one for me. I'm perpetually behind the times. I still listen to music from the 70s. lol

Had a successful day. Did a 40 minute workout and ran a mile and a half to start it off. Then I spent the day ordering tile and bathroom fixtures for a shower remodel at the city house. Then I bought a grand-daughter a birthday present (#12 is 1 yr old today) and came home to rake leaves. I got five 42 gallon trash sacks stuffed and compressed full of leaves and only did about 1/8 of my yard. Live Oak trees lose their leaves in the spring when the new leaves come in and push off the old leaves so I have to deal with leaf fall twice a year. In the fall it's red oaks and those leaves decompose well so I just mulch them with a mower. But live oak trees leaves are hard and waxy and don't decompose easily and will just build up for a year or two so I don't mulch them if possible or put them in the compost pile. My live oak trees are HUGE so they drop a lot of leaves. Too many.

Marcelyn
    with a blistered right hand from raking in Houston
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: Sending good thoughts your way. Bug bites can be awful. I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

Sue: I am so sorry to hear that your granddaughter has been cutting herself. I hope they are able to get good help for her so she can heal. :sad:

DH has already gone to bed and I'm not far behind him. It is only a little after 8 pm. I can't believe I'm ready for sleep so early.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.”
    ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :) Another busy day--paid property tax and car registration

*17,000 steps
    *190 minutes walking Bessie and Sasha
    *151 minutes riding the exercise bike
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    evie1958 wrote: »
    Machka, I hope you have found some relief and that the biter(s) are gone!!! I'm okay sharing my bed with my hubby, but multi legged critters need to go somewhere else! (can't even have the cat on the bed, hubby is allergic)

Unfortunately they are slightly worse. I've just had to take my wedding band off because my fingers are slightly swollen, and it didn't help that whatever it was got my ring finger, which is swelling up nicely now.

The red area around one of the back of the arm bites is now about the size of a golf ball. The rest aren't quite that bad.

I've been taking antihistamines because I've been more congested since the bites too.

We've added ant to the list of possibilities ... we haven't had many of the small ants around, but I've seen a lot of jack jumpers. I did get bit by a jack jumper a couple years ago, and in comparing then and now ... maybe.

M in Oz

I almost have to laugh ... <<shakes head>>

I’ve had to take my wedding ring off … whatever it was that bit me, also bit me on the ring finger and it started to swell. So then I put the ring on my other hand, but discovered that hand is slightly swollen too. Possibly because of all the bites further up. When I tried to take the ring off, I burst a blood vessel in that finger. :confounded:

My ring is tungsten so there is no flexibility to it whatsoever and I'd have to go to ER to have it removed if my fingers did swell that much ... hence my haste in removing it.

M in Oz

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Becca, sounds like you raised that boy well! Thoughtful young man.

Sue, hugs, many, many hugs. I sincerely hope your granddaughter gets the help she needs. I have no experience with any self destructive behavior, well except for the overeating :/ , but I would imagine that just knowing she has your support would be a help....

Well, the after dinner snack mostly did the trick, although I did have an orange afterwards too. I'm okay with that! Certainly better than a handful of cookies!!!

Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3 NYKAREN
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Sue I’m so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. I will add her to my prayers. I have no experience with cutting so I have nothing to offer.

Machka I swell up with bug bites too. Hub can take a bunch of bites if he hits a hive of fire ants weedeating and just itch a little (he now wears jeans and boots to weedeat, it only took two hits from the fire ant piles to teach him that lesson). I can get one bite and start swelling up. Benadryl orally and cream usually helps some for me.

Marcelyn We have the same tree situation here. I am lazy though and would mulch the spring leaves also if the mower had been running Saturday. I vacuum/mulched and bagged just the pygmy yard (the small section of back yard, no goats, just what we call it because it is so small) and one side of one fence line and filled 5 55 gallon bags. I think I got lucky we ran out of fuel for the vac. Our garbage men will take our trash can plus 5 items so I was at the limit of what they will take this week.

Okie in the TX Hill Country