WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2018

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,063 Member
    Options
    Machka I swell up with bug bites too. Hub can take a bunch of bites if he hits a hive of fire ants weedeating and just itch a little (he now wears jeans and boots to weedeat, it only took two hits from the fire ant piles to teach him that lesson). I can get one bite and start swelling up. Benadryl orally and cream usually helps some for me.

I've been alternating between Telfast and Claritin for the past 36 hours or so. Plus tea tree cream. Most of the bites have eased up, but there are still 3 or 4 giving me trouble.

Small side effect ... antihistamines make me sleepy, and I suspect that taking them every 6 hours or so gave me a very deep night's sleep last night. So deep I slept through my alarm this morning! But fortunately, only for 10 minutes. :)

M in Oz

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! OF all of the thoughts to wake up to; I woke this morning thinking, "Yea! It's trash day!" lol Yes, Tuesday is trash pick up day at my house and I am pretty sure it is the favorite part of the kid's week. They love our garbage man and the big truck with the mechanical arm that empties the bin. He seems to enjoy the kids at the window, all waving frantically and clapping and yelling. It is quite a sight to behold.
    Thank you all for your sympathetic ears and kind words about the passing of our young friend. DYS had a few of his circle of friends over last night after he got home from work. I stayed out of their way, but was relieved to hear them all retelling stories of high school/college goofiness, theater productions, choir memories that they all shared with this young man. It was so good to hear the laughter with the heartache. I talked to my son when he came upstairs, later, and we said that THAT is what his friend would want them to remember and to keep with them. Not his illness. Not his death. But how he lived his life.
    Laura-So sorry to hear of your loss! Sending good thoughts of comfort and peace to you.
    Rita-I missed your birthday! Happy birthday, dear friend!
    WEndy- I love Imagine Dragons! I don't mind rap. In fact, when I was running, I found it easier to run to than most of the music that I love. The music that I love tends to have a slower beat and I have to fight the urge to "dance" to it. And I usually end up slowing my pace to match the beat (not good). Rap tends to have a faster back beat so that you can take it at a slower pace, or you can use the back beat and go faster. I can also, easily, tune out rap and let my own thoughts take over. I have had Eminem's, Lose Yourself, in my playlist for YEARS. I also find Black Eyed Peas, Pump It, to be a good one to run to. HOWEVER, Pump It does have "booty shakin'" potential.
    Machka - Ouch! Omigosh! You have my permission to smack anyone who says "goodnight, don't let the bedbugs bite!"
    Heather-I can't believe Bea is almost two! That went fast! I am sure she will love having her OWN baby! I just went through my kitchen last weekend and purged a lot of stuff that I just don't use anymore. Stuff I have saved in case we have a party. lol In the rare occasion that that might happen, I figure I will just borrow from family and friends, whatever I need. That crystal punch bowl with matching plates and cups had to go!
    Janet- So sorry to hear about your granddaughter! Cutting is such a scary, but sad thing. I think for most kids it is a physical manifestation/release of pain that they can't talk about. Pain they can control to block pain that they can't control. Cutting is another one of those things that seems to have reared it's ugly head only recently. And again, I can't help but wonder if it is another effect of the disconnect that kids have due to social media/technology and less "face to face" interaction with friends/people. So sad. Prayers for her!

Well, kids will be arriving shortly. I have one family dropping early this week. All good, they will be picking up earlier as well.
    ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    OOoops! Janet just realized it is Sue's granddaughter! Sue- thinking of you and your granddaughter! <3
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    :0/
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,770 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sue, Janet, Lisa ... I am so saddened to hear of this kind of pain in our young people ... really, what have we collectively done wrong ... what have we missed in raising this generation? I am inclined to agree with Kelly that the disconnect brought on by social media is partly to blame...

Carol, Michele, Evelyn ... My son has shared a house with "the roommate" for the last 8 years, so is very familiar with this man's Eeyore mentality. Both of these young men (in their 30s) have physical disabilities and are in wheelchairs. It is difficult for them to see potential in their physical surroundings... they tend to only see the obstacles... which is fair, because they face them everyday. The very lovely apartment had a tight corner leading into the bedrooms, the one bathroom needed to have a cabinet removed to allow a toilet transfer, a shower needed to have doors removed ... they saw problems. My husband and I saw a call to a carpenter. Additionally, they are leaving a 2500 sq ft fully accessible ranch home in a beautiful sidewalk community and moving into a 1000-1200 sq ft apartment who knows where .. it's definitely going to take some adjustment. But that's life! And they are both adamant they want to experience "real" life not a State run home! So, they'll get their thinking in line eventually.

Mary ... today I'm getting my kettle bell! One question on the directions you shared ... when you say repeat the pattern each week .... do you mean going back to day 1 at the same times and repetitions and following through again each day?

It's supposed to snow again this week! Still have snow on the trees so hoping it's not much. My YS flies home Friday for Spring Break and I'm hoping he won't run into travel delays ... he has a layover in Baltimore before heading to Buffalo. Stocking up the kitchen in preparation of his return ... :D

Beth near Buffalo

• Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    [
    Marcelyn We have the same tree situation here. I am lazy though and would mulch the spring leaves also if the mower had been running Saturday.
    Okie in the TX Hill Country

I definitely mulch and compost the spring leaves and everything throughout the summer. I have a three compartment compost bin I built and it works wonderfully but these dratted live oaks just don't decompose do they! Hopefully it won't rain until tonight and I'll get some more done. Wet leaves don't blow and I use a blower to get them corralled into a big pile to bag. If they are wet I end up raking them out of the grass instead of just into the bags.

But it looks like rain.....

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Machka: It sounds like you are beginning to feel a bit better. Hooray for Telfast and Claritin. I haven't heard of tea tree cream. :flowerforyou:

Lanette: I would love year round daylight time. I don't expect that to happen, though. :ohwell: We've had lots of digestive issues with our dog & he's been through a lot of medications. We're currently feeding Purina Beneful kibble mixed with finely chopped boiled chicken breast meat. He is getting along extremely well with this. We put about 3 tablespoons of chicken into a cup of dog food. Sometimes we're a bit more generous with chicken and sometimes a bit stingier. We don't actually measure the chicken. I just eyeball it. :star:

I am planning to go out to the stable today and work with Arrow. I want DH to go along and he doesn't want to. We'll see how that goes. I am reluctant to be alone with the old devil because he has a tendency to act out by bucking and kicking. We work that out on the lunge line before I ride. I don't worry about the ride, but I worry about the lunging time. I'd love advice from any of you who are experienced horsewomen.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." - Arthur Ashe

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,647 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

Spin bike- 56min, 92aw, 85ar, 125ahr, 156mhr, 13.2mi = 456c
    apple watch- 524c
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Very busy but fun day today! I already took Shep for a walk. Now I am going to swing my kettle bell. At lunchtime I will be going with the ladies to the Japanese restaurant where they will be cooking our food on the grill! Love that fatty protein! After that we'll be going to the Goodwill! That has become one of my favorite stores since I have found that a lot of their clothing is brand new! Then I'll pick my husband up from physical therapy and we will go swimming and jump in the hot tub! We feel like a couple of little kids again being able to go out and play with our friends!

Beth- no, when I say repeat the pattern I mean repeat the weekly ordered for the other weeks which is the very first swing on the first day is not what you did for these five and six but what you did for days three and four and then you and wings to that every two days. Do the first two weeks and if you get to choose text me. Reread it and see if you can write out the next two weeks. You will eventually get up to The three sets of the goblet squats the amount of squats never changes and 22 sets of the Russian kettle bell swings.

Notice you did what we call a deload and started the week doing 2 less sets then day 5 & 6. This is the pattern for the next 3 weeks. 4 total weeks.

Good luck!

<3

Mary from Arizona