Victoria's Secret Models: Sexy or too skinny?

Options

Replies

• Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    As soon as one admits that the photos are significantly 'Shopped, then, in some sense, they (the photos) don't even matter. Almost anyone can be made to look super sexy by someone who is good enough at Photoshop . . .

That being said, I have seen a few in real life, and they are almost uniformly (there was one exception) way too skinny, at least for me. I personally like women to look like women, not 10 year old boys . . .

no one has ever confused a victoria's secret model with a 10 year old boy. the fact that you connect the two is quite disturbing.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    They are far too skinny and photoshopped. Also, they do some very unhealthy things to look like that for shoots like starvation diets and dehydration in the days leading up to it. Nothing sexy about them imo as they're mostly fake.

from the pictures, I'd say I am about their size. They are definitely not too skinny. Photoshopped? Sure. Skinny? No. Unhealthy prep habits? Maybe, but I have no clue and who am I to judge? I'm not there to witness it.
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    They are far too skinny and photoshopped. Also, they do some very unhealthy things to look like that for shoots like starvation diets and dehydration in the days leading up to it. Nothing sexy about them imo as they're mostly fake.
    Dehydration is a tool used by many. It is used to get stage ready for body building and also to make weight class in many competitive sports.

I know what weight cutting is, I wrestled throughout all of my school career but that doesn't make it healthy or attractive.

I don't understand how it makes them fake. The photoshopped pics yes, but the tools they use to get photo ready do not, all of the sudden, turn them into fake people. Guess I just don't understand the connection you made in your original opinion.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Makes me wonder how those models must feel because it's as if they're having every single flaw pointed out to them all the time. :huh:

they feel like millionaires. millionaires that work the equivalent of 2 months a year.

So why do members pick at them? They're lucky and happy. I don't see many men here picking on Derek or Dwayne. They
    make plenty of $ too.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    sexy.... fortunate... probably photoshopped, but are gorgeous anyhow.

from a consumers standpoint (and a mothers), the photoshopped thing is bothersome.
  • n3verlettingmyselfgo
    n3verlettingmyselfgo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    They are hot, wow
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    Makes me wonder how those models must feel because it's as if they're having every single flaw pointed out to them all the time. :huh:

they feel like millionaires. millionaires that work the equivalent of 2 months a year.

So why do members pick at them? They're lucky and happy. I don't see many men here picking on Derek or Dwayne. They
    make plenty of $ too.

its jealousy right?
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    well, considering that picture is massively photoshopped, I am willing to bet she is not as thin as she appears in the picture.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I know I have an obsession with VS and I love Candice Swanepoel

images.jpg

But overall do you think they're sexy or too skinny?

i am literally obsessed with her!!
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    you really have no idea what you are talking about. i wonder what happened in your life that gave you such a distorted sense of reality that you think they are unattractive? i can understand if they are not your ideal but unattractive? lol@that.

To each their own; enjoy your scrawny airbrushed women with their xylophone ribs. Your opinion is unimportant to me.
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    As soon as one admits that the photos are significantly 'Shopped, then, in some sense, they (the photos) don't even matter. Almost anyone can be made to look super sexy by someone who is good enough at Photoshop . . .

That being said, I have seen a few in real life, and they are almost uniformly (there was one exception) way too skinny, at least for me. I personally like women to look like women, not 10 year old boys . . .

no one has ever confused a victoria's secret model with a 10 year old boy. the fact that you connect the two is quite disturbing.

If that analogy is too difficult for you, let me simplify it; they were super, super skinny, with barely enough substance to keep their clothes in place. It was so bad that I would guess that they were likely using illegal substances.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    http://jezebel.com/5951863/when-perfect-isnt-enough-the-unretouched-images-victorias-secret-doesnt-want-you-to-see/

What I find most amazing about this is that with the most beautiful women in the world, with a team of makeup artists and professional photographers, the original photos are really horrible quality.

The changes to the photos are quite subtle, but they remove the things that make them look real. Everyone gets a furrow in their brow when they squint in the sun. Everyone's body creases where the armpit meets the torso, or at the waist when they bend to one side. Even the perkiest of boobs don't stand up like that without a strap for some support, and straps always dig into the skin a little.

Personally, I prefer the look of VS models from the early 90s, like Jill Goodacre, Laetitia Casta, Frederique Van Der Wal, etc. They were still gorgeous, but a more relateable, attainable kind of beauty.
  • Laces_0ut
    Options
    you really have no idea what you are talking about. i wonder what happened in your life that gave you such a distorted sense of reality that you think they are unattractive? i can understand if they are not your ideal but unattractive? lol@that.

To each their own; enjoy your scrawny airbrushed women with their xylophone ribs. Your opinion is unimportant to me.

and yet you have responded to me on multiple occasions. its obvious im very important to you. <3
  • Laces_0ut
    Options

If that analogy is too difficult for you, let me simplify it; they were super, super skinny, with barely enough substance to keep their clothes in place. It was so bad that I would guess that they were likely using illegal substances.

yeah sorry i guess ill never get it. ive never looked at an adult female(or any female for that matter) and thought of a 10 year old boy. kind of sick imo.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

make plenty of $ too.

its jealousy right?

I suppose so. Women seem to compare themselves in looks rather than talent. Silly, I know. :)
    Options
    Laetitia Casta was my favorite and smoking hot!

imagesCA30J82B.jpg

laetitia-casta6.jpg

laetitia-casta-camel-toe-bikini-fur.jpg

laetitia-casta_dfa8c076.jpg
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Most Victoria Secret models are curvy, sexy, healthy... I like the model you chose. Laetitia Casta is my favorite VS model of all time. She still is friggin hot!
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options

I don't understand how it makes them fake. The photoshopped pics yes, but the tools they use to get photo ready do not, all of the sudden, turn them into fake people. Guess I just don't understand the connection you made in your original opinion.

When they photoshop the models, they reposition eyes and mouths, they resize breasts and waists. So at what point do the images become fake, when they swap heads?
  • sadiebrawl
    sadiebrawl Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Laetitia Casta was my favorite and smoking hot!

imagesCA30J82B.jpg

laetitia-casta6.jpg

laetitia-casta-camel-toe-bikini-fur.jpg

laetitia-casta_dfa8c076.jpg

ha!!!! great minds. i LOVE LOVE HER.
    Options
    Most Victoria Secret models are curvy, sexy, healthy... I like the model you chose. Laetitia Casta is my favorite VS model of all time. She still is friggin hot!

agreed! She's proof that small women can have curves. And, wow, those curves....