What things annoy you at the gym

Options

Replies

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    *kitten* music played at a volume too loud that you have to crank your headphones too loud to drown out the *kitten* music.

You know what seriously bugs me? When on a hike, a popular hike I like to do, someone is not using earbuds but getting music from speakers so everyone can hear their poor choice of songs. Ugh

Also should be against the law. Can we start a petition about bad music choices during workouts?!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For me, it's the looks I get from other patrons... yes, I'm fat, no I don't like it, yes, I see you staring, no, I don't like being stared at while sweat pours off me in buckets...

What gyms do you guys go to where people are staring at you?
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    I can totally see how people leaving a machine sweaty would be annoying.

I can't see how a persons " swagger " or looking at themselves in a mirror would have any impact on me at all.

For real. Isn’t that the point of exercise to look great inside and out?

Devil’s advocate here - it would bother me if someone was taking photos in the locker room, which is what OP said. This is especially true after the incident with that (idiot) Playboy model who intentionally included a half naked woman in her locker room selfie.

Yes it would also bother me if people where taking pictures of me while dressing ( that is why I included that part in my question of how it impacts the op )

yeah I was about to say isn't it illegal in some places to take photos in the locker room? my Y has a million signs up saying NO PHONE USE in bathrooms and locker rooms.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    In the lanes at our pool you swim round clockwise (pool is split in 3 slow,medium and fast)
    Now Mr ball's likes to swim in the slow lane up the middle on his back, legs open in very baggy shorts so the poor elderly ladies got an earful. When he added in the delightful addition of spitting water at the ladies he was banned

My other pet peeve is smells. Either those wearing half a bottle of aftershave/perfume or those wearing the same unwashed kit every day of the week
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Glad my gym as individual locker rooms.

I have when people don't unrack after use so I can't use the equipment.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I agree with quite a few of these. One thing that annoys me is that if you use a locker, close the damn door when you leave, don't just leave it wide open. Could be my OCD, could be the whole "were you born in a barn", but it's mostly common courtesy.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    ZazieMFP wrote: »
    Not a lot. Lack of squat racks where I go. Old men walking around naked. But for the most part I enjoy my time there.

4r5hhuzgqy49.jpg

bahahaha

• ejg1010
    ejg1010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like to get in, get on and get out of the gym, so I get a bit peeved when girls are using the mirror and stop to check their messages and/or send a text so I have to wait longer. Please, do it in your own time... I also get irritated in life in general when people don't pick up after themselves, whether that's gym weights, tissues/cotton buds left on the side, or teabags in the sink at work. I'm not sure who they think is going to do it for them!
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Glad my gym as individual locker rooms.

I have when people don't unrack after use so I can't use the equipment.

What the heck is an individual locker room?