Gained 9lbs in a few hours

Options
124»

Replies

• maryjane159
    maryjane159 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I’m deffo not pregnant and I haven’t scheduled with a doctor because I just thought that I must of been retaining a lot of water I never thought it would of been anything serious however after a lot of comments saying it might be I will book an appointment just to be safe.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I’m deffo not pregnant and I haven’t scheduled with a doctor because I just thought that I must of been retaining a lot of water I never thought it would of been anything serious however after a lot of comments saying it might be I will book an appointment just to be safe.

Yes, if you are continuing to gain, this is a time to go see your doctor.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    So unfortunately I have had similar problem and although it comes on overnight it doesn't come off overnight. What I have read is that everyone's number of fat cells set in their 20s no matter what diet you ever do, you will never have less than that number. When we eat over our caloric intake and dont burn the excess, our bodies create more fat cells to store it. When we lose weight cells are empty and shrink but they NEVER go away. That's where the cravings come in. The cells are used to housing something so they will always cry out to store something. So when we eat over our calories the cells gobble up the excess and immediately store it. THAT'S why we pick the weight up so fast. Unfortunately your body has reset at this old level. You will have to do what you did to lose the weight and more. Your going to have to trick your body into using the stored fat as energy again. Wish I had better news but it can be done. For more info:
    http://www.medicaldaily.com/can-you-really-get-rid-fat-cells-skinny-what-happens-your-body-when-you-lose-407811

No, the OP has not gained over 20 lbs in a week because her fat cells are desperately trying to keep themselves filled and she doesn't need to "trick" her body into burning fat. A simple calorie deficit does that. *sigh*
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    A lemon award! LOL
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    try2again wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    @try2again I’m not sure exactly but it’s deffo not to much for me to be gaining weight all the time. I gain weight and my stomach goes huge I literally look months pregnant from bloat whenever I eat

How can you not be sure if you're weighing yourself?

I think she meant she's not sure how many calories she's eating. :)

I wasn't really clear on which part of your post she was responding to.

Either way, to be gaining 2 pounds a day, her intake would have to be around 7500-8000 calories per day - which I guess would explain both the weight gain and why she gets so bloated after every meal. Otherwise, none of it makes any sense.

Disordered thinking *might* explain it. I really hope she tells what she's told us to a doctor.