Slow Runners Unite!

Options
Someone please tell me you also run SUPER slowly? I'm at 3.5mph/17 minutes a mile. I'm embarrassed to say it and it keeps me on the treadmill instead of outside because if there's no scenery to pass then I can't tell, lol.

I can go for 25 minutes now, 1.5 miles, which I'm also a little embarrassed about, but mostly proud, since I couldn't do that before. I know speed will come later, but right now I'm just looking for other slow runners so I know I'm not alone. :D

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    There is nothing to be embarrassed about. You’re running and that’s great! I bet you are running further now than when you started too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Your speed doesn't matter. What matters is that you're doing something to better yourself!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,898 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    BootsDBA wrote: »
    Someone please tell me you also run SUPER slowly? I'm at 3.5mph/17 minutes a mile. I'm embarrassed to say it and it keeps me on the treadmill instead of outside because if there's no scenery to pass then I can't tell, lol.

I can go for 25 minutes now, 1.5 miles, which I'm also a little embarrassed about, but mostly proud, since I couldn't do that before. I know speed will come later, but right now I'm just looking for other slow runners so I know I'm not alone. :D

Please don’t be embarrassed, you should feel proud your running. Your running is far MORE important than how fast you are! I’m a slow runner too but ran a lot of races even a couple half marathons.
  • yoliyoda
    yoliyoda Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    capaul42 wrote: »
    A slow mile is still a mile. You should be super proud. As they say, you're lapping every one on the couch no matter how fast/slow you're going.
    Everyone starts somewhere.

I love this!

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I see those people outside walking super fast and I envy them! I can run marathons but I wish I could just speed walk with all the other ladies.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what your pace is, you're still running!
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    You are running!!!!.....pace is personal and it's different for all of us. Don't compare your pace to someone else's, comparison is the thief of joy!
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    Running is running. I run as slow as dirt, but I've got endurance, and frankly, as long as I'm not last, I don't necessarily care. (I mean, I do care, but not enough that I stop running.)
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Running is running and it sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations! Keep it up!