DATING 101

Options
13»

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Practice safe sex.

Exactly! Practice the choke holds before actually doing them for the first time. Take the time to form and recite your safe words. Oklahoma can be a mouthful in a panic situation.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Decide if you're lonely or just boring. If you're boring, stay lonely.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I guess I'd tell her to get her hair done and nails did, then hoof it to the local bingo hall and hit on the first guy she sees with a crest on his blazer.
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Practice safe sex.

Probably the best advice given yet :D

Except what exactly is it and what diseases is it supposed to keep one safe from?

giphy.gif
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Don't. Get a dog.

You have two dogs. Does that mean I get two men?
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to date
  • goatg
    Options
    Practice safe sex.

I always wear my shoulder pads

I should have said something about whips.

Hindsight's 20/20

Don't move your head..
  • goatg
    Options
    goatg wrote: »
    Practice safe sex.

I always wear my shoulder pads

I should have said something about whips.

Hindsight's 20/20

Don't move your head..

Beat me to it

Is your arm or your back better-practised?
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »
    If you are venturing out to the web to meet someone, you MUST have a sense of humor. I always knew that if I did not meet Prince Charming, at least I would have a good story to tell my friends at lunch !

Sense of humour and a thick skin...
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Run like f**k.
    Get yourself a hobby or a cat
    Don’t you go out there.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,209 Member
    Options
    Let's say you had a friend who was joining the dating world for pretty much the first time in their life, as they had always been in relationships in the past.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SAID FRIEND? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DATING AS AN ADULT?

First and most important advice would be to stay off of MFP.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    My other tip.

Take any of this with a lot of skepticism.
    nm0pdwn15ei6.jpg

Because it's more like this.
    frs8wbqzz5u3.gif
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Let's say you had a friend who was joining the dating world for pretty much the first time in their life, as they had always been in relationships in the past.

WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE SAID FRIEND? WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DATING AS AN ADULT?

Lol ...whaaat...yup truth...
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    123tacos wrote: »

But, if you must be on MFP, take nothing seriously and with a grain of salt.
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options

Yes this ...too...but similar to dating apps..get on their for entertainment can't take it seriously..i actually met friends I value on here over dating apps
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options

Yes this ...too...but similar to dating apps..get on their for entertainment can't take it seriously..i actually met friends I value on here over dating apps

I think forums give a better chance to learn who a person is before you might decide to meet them. I'd say there's a few here I'd enjoy meeting in person just to say "Hi". Same as I have with other forums I've been on.

Dating apps, even the paid ones, never got much enjoyment out of. Seemed far too much work, with littl eor nothing in return.