Introduce Yourself

Options
12346»

Replies

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m Mary. I’m a nurse. And apparently that’s all I need to say.

That would be correct, Nurse. I mean Murse. I mean Mary.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Hi Iggy, you sound like good people. :smile:
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Hi Iggy, you sound like good people. :smile:

cats don't like bad people right? :wink:
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Jay. I’m going through a divorce, I fill my time working out when not working. I am a bit of a nerd. I have two cats. I like movies, and I like to read.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Listening to some of you people is so humanizing and it is really nice to get to know you all better
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Still me.

I like all you folks talking about cats. Cool points for sure. :sunglasses:

I'm awake, but hoping to turn off and unwind shortly and hopefully sleep because I've been off track for a while now.

I've made stupid choices lately out of sheer frustration, desperation, and that some days I just F it and I quit.

I have a hard time being optimistic. That really feels foreign to me. Everything usually just stinks so I'm used to that. I'm contemplating making big changes in my life. I'm terrified. I openly anticipate and accept that things will probably get worse before they get better. I'm at that point of picking which suck is gonna suck less, ya know?

I really do love cats. But for as long as I can remember it's kinda been my thing. 'that cat lady' and I try to get by anymore with laughing (it beats crying) so I settle into being 'that funny cat lady'. I see it this way, maybe somebody would say "do you know so & so ______" and I hope it goes something like "that funny cat lady?" and not so & so that fat, ugly, crazy, stupid, boring, unpredictable, mean, btchy, etc. lady, because that's who I usually feel like honestly.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the confession thread. Today was rough, though it's been rough for a while. I can't tell you how many times I said "I'm fine" today.

So there's a little more about me.

I can so relate. I tend to be the woman who is always smiling. I told my friend (best friend who thought she knew me) what was going on behind closed doors in my house and she was shocked. I was always smiling, so she had no clue anything was wrong. I got the same reaction from my son's preschool teachers (I am an overly involved mother) and their first reaction was, but you're always smiling! Now I go exercise with my friend twice a week and twice a week I am greeted with "You're smiling! How are you still smiling?"

It's good to be here with you, and it's good to be alive!!
    https://youtu.be/xW2kWbuTb2E

https://youtu.be/Qsb-hUUVDtU
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Still me.

I like all you folks talking about cats. Cool points for sure. :sunglasses:

I'm awake, but hoping to turn off and unwind shortly and hopefully sleep because I've been off track for a while now.

I've made stupid choices lately out of sheer frustration, desperation, and that some days I just F it and I quit.

I have a hard time being optimistic. That really feels foreign to me. Everything usually just stinks so I'm used to that. I'm contemplating making big changes in my life. I'm terrified. I openly anticipate and accept that things will probably get worse before they get better. I'm at that point of picking which suck is gonna suck less, ya know?

I really do love cats. But for as long as I can remember it's kinda been my thing. 'that cat lady' and I try to get by anymore with laughing (it beats crying) so I settle into being 'that funny cat lady'. I see it this way, maybe somebody would say "do you know so & so ______" and I hope it goes something like "that funny cat lady?" and not so & so that fat, ugly, crazy, stupid, boring, unpredictable, mean, btchy, etc. lady, because that's who I usually feel like honestly.

Not sure if this belongs here or in the confession thread. Today was rough, though it's been rough for a while. I can't tell you how many times I said "I'm fine" today.

So there's a little more about me.

Wow. Thanks for opening up, I’m glad to know this.

You don’t strike me as a ‘funny cat lady’ despite the username. I think of you as generally witty and fun. It honestly feels terrible to see how you described yourself that second way.
  • Merrysailor5
    Merrysailor5 Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m Chris,

I spend many more hours lurking and laughing at you guys than I ever do posting. I have a good time here as much as possible and take everything with a grain of salt. In dealing with hatred and violence on a regular I feel no need to push aggressive behavior here. I love my friends list and try to drool on them as much as possible.

And we love ya back <3
    I'm pretty dry over here though, you've always been a gentleman with me :)

*clap*clap* MORE drool please!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    denny_mac wrote: »
    Hello. I'm Denny.

I'm an outgoing introvert. I have always lived in a city with a beach, yet I could not care less about ever going to the beach. I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, but I admittedly am not THAT well versed in the grammatical rules that I like to enforce. I like most forms of comedy, but stand up is something that I will always watch and enjoy. I don't like religion, nor do I believe in god, but I also don't have any issues with anyone who does. It's just not for me. I also don't like cats, but if you have a cat and love cats, more power to you! They're just not for me. If you meet me you'll probably like my company at first but will soon grow tired of that, because I can be very annoying since I'm rarely ever "off". My relationships tend to be co-dependent, and therefore are typically not the healthiest. But while they last they're usually quite passionate. I LOVE to work out via resistance training primarily, but I also enjoy endurance training. I once lost 40 pounds in a biggest loser type contest, and won some prize money doing it. I'm the opposite of a foodie (if there's a word for what that is, I have never heard of it). To me, food is little more than fuel. I could not care less about how it's presented or from where it's sourced. I PREFER it to taste good, but even that isn't really a requirement.

idk, there's a few things about me that some people don't know. What about you?

I read this whole thing, no bragging

You're thoughtful. And nice. You're also probably not bland.

Stop saying all these hurtful things
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,162 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m Chris,

I spend many more hours lurking and laughing at you guys than I ever do posting. I have a good time here as much as possible and take everything with a grain of salt. In dealing with hatred and violence on a regular I feel no need to push aggressive behavior here. I love my friends list and try to drool on them as much as possible.

And we love ya back <3
    I'm pretty dry over here though, you've always been a gentleman with me :)

I hate I did not get a notification on this. You’re beautiful inside and out. Can never get enough of you!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,497 Member
    Options
    I’m just a girl in the world.

I’m a minimalist.

My house burned down about a month ago.

I’m even more of a minimalist now.

I have no filter but I don’t like to be mean. Just dorky.

:( i'm sorry Hon.

Dude. It’s the best thing ever.

that's actually pretty awesome.

• Aingealicia
    Aingealicia Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Aingealicia,

I am currently pretty new here on MFP. I am a published author of all types of things from journalism to erotica. I guess that is my biggest achievement. I am pretty public social shy as I have a few medical situations that quite honestly suck, however I know everything happens for a reason and I honestly have one of the best medical team in the world.

I have two spoiled cats, a fiance, and a blog on here.

Anyway enough about me, just reaching out and finally found the community list this morning.

Thanks for stopping by.