Options
123457»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    I think that I’m gradually getting back into the swing of things. I want to forget the last month ever happened and just get back to doing what I used to do. All you people doing so well is very encouraging <3

Anyway, the May thread is up. I hope to be more active with the discussions this month.

Thank you for putting this thread up. I have stated before, it's nice to see that there are others out there fighting the same fight and that our struggles seem very similar. Much love to ball my hopeful maintainers.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @laura9503 I hear all that! I have colitis and go through the same kinds of issues, except for the downward weight trends. I always manage to outeat the bowel issues. (You would think it would stop me from eating, but no. The compulsion has always been stronger.)
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @fidangul I am so very glad you are coming out of it! I hope to join you soon, as my bingeing has been giving me grief for a few weeks.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options

Name: Jim
    Height:5’8”
    Total Weight lost:193 (SW 376.2)
    Time it took to lose:5 years, 2months from 1/13 to 3/29/18

How long in maintenance: Since 3/29/18.
    *Maintenance weight range:179-184
    *May adjust lower but new to GW.
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12months): N/A

Average weight recorded for April:
    Week of 4/26 181

3 May 179 (-2#)

Success/struggles of the week:

Success: Maintenance on five weeks, one more WIs I will earn WW Lifetime membership

Struggling: Dealing with PT for knee. Not affected my eating just don’t like yo admit getting old!.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was just curious, how many people here who are maintaining are doing so through eating mindfully vs. still weighing/tracking food intake?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    I was just curious, how many people here who are maintaining are doing so through eating mindfully vs. still weighing/tracking food intake?

I am still weighing and tracking food. I have had a hard time figuring out what my maintenance calories are. I have become more active since losing weight and since I hit my goal I have lost ~15 more pounds. At this time I am weighing and logging to make sure I eat enough.
  • laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart ahh okay, makes sense.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I portion my meals mindfully. (I admit to bad unmindful eating in front of a book or TV). The scale keeps me honest. I have a hard upper limit on the scale and weigh daily.

I don’t think I’m the norm for MFP folk tho.

Calorie counting, measuring and logging was, frankly, one of the most depressing things I’ve ever done. 5:2 intermittent fasting now keeps my weekly calories within reasonable limits and if the weight trends up too close to the limit I tighten everything up a bit. I do have a good memory tho, so I do have an idea how many calories I’m taking in. But I’m hoping to NEVER do the count, measure and log thing ever again.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Mindful eating here - transitioned to that approach in January after 1.5 years of counting calories. Gained 8lbs since I went that route, but have seemed to have settled in on that new number for a couple months now and I realized that this new weight range also works for me (maybe TMI but my DH is very happy with my new weight).

Overall, I came to the realization that if an 8lb weight increase over my “ideal weight” gives me peace of mind and let’s me live the lifestyle that I want without much effort, then that’s 8lbs I will carry with gratitude.
  • laura9503
    laura9503 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

Counting calories. Still struggling to develop a really 'normal' relationship with food. However, my goal is to eat mindfully and not weigh all my food anymore. I think what would work best for me, would be to slowly stop weighing certain foods. For instance, I used to weigh everything, down to fruit and veggies. Well, I cut those out a long while ago. Now, I'd like to maybe stop weighing things as spreads (such as peanutbutter and hummus or so). Eventually, I only want to weigh things such as pasta and rice because those are quite hard to measure by eye imo.
    What I kind of struggle with now, is that on the days that I cannot weigh my food, I usually turn it into a cheat day but go way overboard. I would like to start with eating mindfull on those days rather than 'binge'.
    sofchak wrote: »
    Mindful eating here - transitioned to that approach in January after 1.5 years of counting calories. Gained 8lbs since I went that route, but have seemed to have settled in on that new number for a couple months now and I realized that this new weight range also works for me (maybe TMI but my DH is very happy with my new weight).

Overall, I came to the realization that if an 8lb weight increase over my “ideal weight” gives me peace of mind and let’s me live the lifestyle that I want without much effort, then that’s 8lbs I will carry with gratitude.

That's amazing! That sounds like such a healthy mindset and your body will be happy that you allowed it to settle as your setpoint weight :).
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    last Friday: 147.6
    Today: 146.6
    I'm planing to keep weighing all my food for....?
    My best friend was over yesterday after grocery shopping & she said I don't need to weigh the ground turkey & ground chuck patties I was putting in freezer, I can just eye ball them. Of course I'm going to weigh them, why would she say that?
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Mindful eating for me. I'm not tracking, honestly i don't even know what my maintenance number is. I weigh myself every morning and that's my gauge for when i need to adjust something. I measure my oatmeal just for the portion size, and occasionally weigh the cheese that i take daily for lunch. And that's it, everything else gets eyeballed for a reasonable size portions. I think this way of maintenance works for me, i find it easy and reliable. I include wide range of snacks every night, same, just try to keep reasonable portions.