Do you eat the skin on your sweet potato?

Options
124»

Replies

• Kohanai
    Kohanai Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. Gimme those vitamins I so desperately need.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    WHAaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I had no idea people ate sweet potato skins either!!! I always do for other kinds of potatoes but not sweet potatoes o_O I'll have to try it... it would certainly make preparing them easier...
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    WHAaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I had no idea people ate sweet potato skins either!!! I always do for other kinds of potatoes but not sweet potatoes o_O I'll have to try it... it would certainly make preparing them easier...

I was surprised at how good they are since it seems like they would be gross and leathery. I cut it in half and roast it face-down for about 45 minutes at 375. I just eat the skins and they are kind of sweet and chewy--very satisfying to eat, actually!
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    I do, after reading this thread.
  • MsMlee
    MsMlee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got into a debate whether it's more common to eat the skin or not when you have a baked sweet potato. I have always eaten the skin, but my friend was so amazed that I ate the skin and said shes "never seen anyone do that or heard of anyone doing that in her life."

So I am wondering what you guys on here do. Do you eat the skin or just the inside? If you don't, do you on a regular potato?

Yes, it holds the the most fiber and nutrients and it's yummy.
  • amelialoveshersnacks
    amelialoveshersnacks Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Definitely yes to sweet potato skins. I also like roasted pumpkin skin