Missed Connections - Why haven't they replied to PM :(

Options
projectsix
projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
edited March 2018 in Chit-Chat
Hello MFP friends! Long time MFP user and lurker.

Did you know there's a serious bug on MyFitnessPal right now whereby if you attempt to send a PM to another user it simply is not received? This PM will show in your "Sents" but never read. You're probably thinking this person hates you. Well, they may but the status is not lying, they did not receive your PM.

This occurs only when you have never spoken with this person only. If you sent them a PM, they will now have to send a PM back to you to open that "loop" and then, and only then you can swap Kik's and able to continue to PM back and forth. No one is using PM's for anything else I assume? Right.

So I don't know how long this bug has been occurring. At least 3 days though so if you've sent a PM to a user, and it's showing as not read and you've never spoken with them! Post here and tag their name.

I'll go first because I want to catch up with her and she is being stubborn as *kitten*.

@_Captivated_

EDIT: Huge thanks to our long time forum guru and lover of all things MFP, @slimgirljo15 for advising me of such a problem and actually @_Captivated_ for the idea for this thread.

Replies

• _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Did you know there's a serious bug on MyFitnessPal right now whereby if you attempt to send a PM to another user it simply is not received? This PM will show in your "Sents" but never read. You're probably thinking this person hates you. Well, they may but the status is not lying, they did not receive your PM.

This occurs only when you have never spoken with this person only. If you sent them a PM, they will now have to send a PM back to you to open that "loop" and then, and only then you can swap Kik's and able to continue to PM back and forth. No one is using PM's for anything else I assume? Right.

So I don't know how long this bug has been occurring. At least 3 days though so if you've sent a PM to a user, and it's showing as not read and you've never spoken with them! Post here and tag their name.

I'll go first because I want to catch up with her and she is being stubborn as *kitten*.

@_Captivated_

I am feeling very vulnerable now... Thank you for that.

I am actually glad that there is an issue because I messaged someone thinking it was someone I adored reincarnated. But I figured out it wasn't them and had it gotten to them it would have been super awkward. That's my story.
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This' why my User Name here's my Gmail, that I created solely for my MFP account because this' a constant issue & with friend requests also!
  • projectsix
    edited March 2018
    Options

@_Captivated_

I am actually glad that there is an issue because I messaged someone thinking it was someone I adored reincarnated. But I figured out it wasn't them and had it gotten to them it would have been super awkward. That's my story.

It's a pretty good story, we should discuss it further via pm.
  • _Captivated_
    Options

@_Captivated_

I am actually glad that there is an issue because I messaged someone thinking it was something I adored reincarnated. But I figured out it wasn't them and had it gotten to them it would have been super awkward. That's my story.

You quoted me before I fixed my typos. Go fix them.
  • projectsix
    Options

@_Captivated_

I am actually glad that there is an issue because I messaged someone thinking it was something I adored reincarnated. But I figured out it wasn't them and had it gotten to them it would have been super awkward. That's my story.

NO! OKAY MAYBE. But you go first cause you quoted before I got out my EDIT line to give you and Jo credit. :(
  • projectsix
    Options
    Yeah I don't know how long, I've only just popped back about 3 days ago and it was occurring on day 1 for me so I wasn't sure.

That's utterly ridiculous for such an awful bug. I'd venture 10's of thousands of PM's have been lost and not received with one party wondering why they were ignored which feels terrible.

I'm going to send this thread to MFP devel.
  • _Captivated_
    Options
    3gop73nya7ww.jpg
    It's been longer than a few days. We talked about this at the beginning of the month

They never messaged you. Sorry.
  • _Captivated_
    Options

@_Captivated_

NO! OKAY MAYBE. But you go first cause you quoted before I got out my EDIT line to give you and Jo credit. :(

I :heart: @slimgirljo15 !

Good enough?
  • DaylightDuchess
    DaylightDuchess Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Plus the previous year when I operated a group here members'd inform me via the group, that they were unable to even send me a private message! So the glitches, change periodically as well!
  • _Captivated_
    Options
    3gop73nya7ww.jpg
    It's been longer than a few days. We talked about this at the beginning of the month

They never messaged you. Sorry.

That explains the nudes I never got, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're ridiculous. You don't have to lie to save face. :flowerforyou:
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Nobody messaged me before the glitch and nobody messages me now but I’m gonna blame the glitch anyways because it makes me feel better about my chances of getting these pics people keep talking about.

Yeah. I think I'm going to join you
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Interesting. Mfp has been pretty buggy lately.
  • _Captivated_
    Options
    @silenced_knight if you ever come back hmu!
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I just assumed no one wanted to talk to me :lol:
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    This bug has been around at least since January. My incoming dick pics have slowed to a damn trickle. Ridiculous

I told you, if you call it “cute” it’s the last one you get. You hurt me in the feels.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    So i could be getting all these pms and not even know it???
  • Ready2befithealthy
    Ready2befithealthy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hmmm good to know. Also you can only message so many times before it won’t let you message that person anymore. I had issues with that.