bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Yea, love eggs!!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    You can also just eat the egg whites...

I used to buy the beaters too but you can save a lot of money. I eat one whole carton of egg whites at a time.

That has always seemed incredibly wasteful to me. Especially in a house full of people who actually do eat eggs, like my wife and kids.

Egg Beaters are also way easier to deal with. No cracking of eggs, no siphoning off the yoke. Open and pour.

To each his/her own.

It's fresher. And considering the packaging I'd go through at a carton per day, I don't see it as more wasteful.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    davh27 wrote: »
    Food is fuel. "Oooh variety"... sounds like an emotional attachment to food and you do NOT want that. If the calories fit, you're good.

strong first post...

There's nothing wrong with variety.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    davh27 wrote: »
    Food is fuel. "Oooh variety"... sounds like an emotional attachment to food and you do NOT want that. If the calories fit, you're good.

strong first post...

There's nothing wrong with variety.

Or with enjoying food and attaching pleasant emotions to it, for that matter.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    You can also just eat the egg whites...

I used to buy the beaters too but you can save a lot of money. I eat one whole carton of egg whites at a time.

That has always seemed incredibly wasteful to me. Especially in a house full of people who actually do eat eggs, like my wife and kids.

Egg Beaters are also way easier to deal with. No cracking of eggs, no siphoning off the yoke. Open and pour.

To each his/her own.

It's fresher. And considering the packaging I'd go through at a carton per day, I don't see it as more wasteful.

I tried carton egg whites and I hated them. I, therefore, buy eggs and separate them myself. It really is no more wasteful throwing the yolks away as eating them. I was advised by my doctor to eat more egg whites because I need the protein. I normally just boil them and throw the yolks away. It does not bother me to eat the same thing everyday. Depending on what I have at home, I may add them to a salad or just add some chicken to them. I eat at least two egg whites a day.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I’ve been eating an egg sandwich for breakfast almost every morning for several years now. Usually on an Ezekiel English muffin some veganaise and a few thin slices off a gourmet cheese. I might have a slice of turkey bacon on it or a couple turkey sausage links. This keeps my energy up and I love it with my black coffee. If I switch it up and eat oatmeal or cereal I don’t feel satisfied for long.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Another vote for eggs!
    I also have one in a sandwich most days for breakfast with a slice of ham and a slice of cheese. I also usually have one hard-boiled for afternoon tea. It helps me bridge the gap to dinner, and avoids the 5pm slump!
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs nearly daily, great breakfast food for me as they help me stay full.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I eat eggs every morning with a little bit of cheese and tomatillo salsa. I get the happiest most grass-fed field-trip taking Colin-named chicken eggs I can find.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

Although it's true that eggs are sometimes contaminated with salmonella, most people cook them, which prevents issues. More outbreaks of salmonella are connected to vegetables and fruits, usually eaten raw. In 2018 there have been two outbreaks connected to coconut.

And then there was that "little" issue of the salmonella outbreaks in a number of Chipotle restaurants.

Every one of which was attributed to vegetables.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I don't eat them very often, but when I do, I like to boil up a couple of eggs, eat one whole one, eat the white from the second one, then give my dog the yolk from the second one. I mostly just use them in baking. My parents have a bunch of free-range chickens that run around and eat bugs and garden scraps all day long (along with their chicken feed.) One of their favorite treats is watermelon. They go crazy for it. Their eggs are so tasty and the yolks are a bright golden yellow, almost orange. They make store bought eggs seem so boring.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, I could eat them cooked a different way for every meal. I do not eat a lot of animal products, so eggs are a great source of protein for me, especially when I want something lighter. I buy my eggs from the same local co-op where I buy my produce, I've been to the farm, they are certainly not being abused.
  • snaapz
    snaapz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wife is on WW, eggs and fruit are free. She makes delicious pancakes with ... Eggs, mashed banana, and cinnamon! She's been having a few eggs a day since Jan 1 and shes doing great! (weight loss)
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    snaapz wrote: »
    My wife is on WW, eggs and fruit are free. She makes delicious pancakes with ... Eggs, mashed banana, and cinnamon!

a splash of vanilla extract along with the cinnamon in that, is awesome as well ;)

(chopped walnuts too!)