Online dating faux pas

Options

Replies

• projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I always get responses like, "Don't talk to me freak" or "Your profile pic is *kitten* up" and then I get blocked.

Woah, you get responses!?

Of course I do. I definitely don't make fake profiles and respond to myself.

Well, then I'm not impressed by what a good idea that is. Something I also would not suggest is to drink a lot the night prior so you forget it was you. It would be like waking up Xmas morning to see that inbox lit up but with a hangover.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I always get responses like, "Don't talk to me freak" or "Your profile pic is *kitten* up" and then I get blocked.

Woah, you get responses!?

Of course I do. I definitely don't make fake profiles and respond to myself.

Well, then I'm not impressed by what a good idea that is. Something I also would not suggest is to drink a lot the night prior so you forget it was you. It would be like waking up Xmas morning to see that inbox lit up but with a hangover.

I definitely would of never done this... twice.
  • wiremog
    wiremog Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You guys have posted so many of the cliches already. A couple more that I see on so many guys' profiles it's not even funny:

"Looking for my partner in crime" (UGH, what does that even mean, Steve? You are an accountant who has probably never even driven above the speed limit)

"I'm [whatever his height is] as it seems to matter a lot" (Are women asking this so often that all men feel compelled to say the exact same phrase... or are they just showing off?
  • projectsix
    edited April 2018
    Options
    wiremog wrote: »
    "I'm [whatever his height is] as it seems to matter a lot" (Are women asking this so often that all men feel compelled to say the exact same phrase... or are they just showing off?

How Women see height on Tinder:

tzcpeTj.jpg
  • projectsix
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »
    You guys have posted so many of the cliches already. A couple more that I see on so many guys' profiles it's not even funny:

"Looking for my partner in crime" (UGH, what does that even mean, Steve? You are an accountant who has probably never even driven above the speed limit)

oh, I forgot about that. YES. SO MANY women will post their male companion's height requirements. "Must be over 6' tall, and I MEAN IT. NOT 5'11"!"

Yeah if you're 5'10+ you just lie and put 6' on Tinder, increases your chances of a response by a significant amount apparently.

• wiremog
    wiremog Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow. I mean, I love a tall dude (ex was 6ft 5 and I have a serious thing for Adam Driver right now) but that's just lame, unless the woman is really tall herself. I can sort of understand not wanting to tower over your date as a female. Luckily never happens to me as I'm 5ft 4!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

oh, I forgot about that. YES. SO MANY women will post their male companion's height requirements. "Must be over 6' tall, and I MEAN IT. NOT 5'11"!"

Yeah if you're 5'10+ you just lie and put 6' on Tinder, increases your chances of a response by a significant amount apparently.

*Phew*...

6-feet (6'), I can do that; I'd been reading that as 6-inches (6") and skipping-over that posting. Gotta get new glasses.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    When they brag about their one eyed snake being above average.

Oh but when they’re telling the truth

Slide17.jpg
  • projectsix
    Options
    Wow. I mean, I love a tall dude (ex was 6ft 5 and I have a serious thing for Adam Driver right now) but that's just lame, unless the woman is really tall herself. I can sort of understand not wanting to tower over your date as a female. Luckily never happens to me as I'm 5ft 4!

I think height goes back to our natural instincts as human beings with leftover monkey in us. We're a dimorphic race with men being quite a bit larger on average. I think men are 5'9.5" and women are 5'4.5 in Canada in the adult range up to 45 so a total of almost half a foot. So from a psychology standpoint, height is a masculine feature which may signify dominance which would then make women feel smaller, protected and perhaps more "feminine". In evolution, a bigger man would be able to offer protection to their offspring etc.

You can't even donate sperm unless you're 5'9+ with some clinics wanting 6ft+.

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options

How Women see height on Tinder:

tzcpeTj.jpg

BAHAHAHAHA!!
    I think most women just like to be short while wearing high heels.
    My flip flops don't have heels.... lol

• projectsix
    Options

*Phew*...

6-feet (6'), I can do that; I'd been reading that as 6-inches (6") and skipping-over that posting. Gotta get new glasses.

:D:D

Crisis adverted!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Those couple of inches really do make a difference.. especially when he's standing above me, looking down, watching me....

Nevermind, I got distracted, forgot where I was going with that.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

Those couple of inches really do make a difference.. especially when he's standing above me, looking down, watching me....

No, no...continue.
  • projectsix
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

No, no...continue.

Seconded..
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Girl, absolutely yes.

I met my husband on an online dating site. He had his height on his profile (5'8"), and I asked him about it on our first date because it seemed odd to me.

Apparently... a lot of guys who are shorter than 5'8" will say they're that height because it's little less deceptive than saying they're 6'--when they're really, like, 5'6", or something.

We've told each other our stories of online dating before we met each other, and the height thing is the thing that stands out for him the most. "I met so many women who were visibly relieved to see I was actually 5'8" and not lying... " (And he knows that's what it was because he asked. Lol.)
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

No, no...continue.

No, no...continue.

Seconded..

I suddenly remembered where I was going with that.. you know when he looks down at me while I am kneeling on my knees....

scrubbing the floor.

• projectsix
    Options

No, no...continue.

No, no...continue.

Seconded..

I suddenly remembered where I was going with that.. you know when he looks down at me while I am kneeling on my knees....

scrubbing the floor.

But are you wearing socks? I need to know.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    Options

No, no...continue.

No, no...continue.

Seconded..

scrubbing the floor.

But are you wearing socks? I need to know.

I rarely wear socks.

Oooohhhh.. I just remembered why you asked.