Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Calorie in calorie out method is outdated

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    my question is if you dont care what others believe then why keep arguing about it? why are you still here arguing your point?...
    See my question to him above. I'm very curious about the ulterior motive as well.

...if I were a special snowflake I would want the world to know and would be contacting the media,scientists and so on to get my proof out there. I would be glad to share my proof with anyone who asked.
    If what he was saying was true, there would be metabolic researchers lined up literally begging him and his multitudes of minions to be study subjects. It would be groundbreaking to discover something which countered all known laws of physics and physiology.

But the truth is, if he went to any metabolic researcher with his claims, he'd be laughed right out of the room.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    my question is if you dont care what others believe then why keep arguing about it? why are you still here arguing your point?...
    See my question to him above. I'm very curious about the ulterior motive as well.

...if I were a special snowflake I would want the world to know and would be contacting the media,scientists and so on to get my proof out there. I would be glad to share my proof with anyone who asked.
    If what he was saying was true, there would be metabolic researchers lined up literally begging him and his multitudes of minions to be study subjects. It would be groundbreaking to discover something which countered all known laws of physics and physiology.

But the truth is, if he went to any metabolic researcher with his claims, he'd be laughed right out of the room.

I saw your posts and wonder as well about the ulterior motives as well.
  • johnslater461
    johnslater461 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Same small group of people here on the forum who are in denial and obviously always will be. They have not ever done this and have no first hand knowledge of it. They read articles/studies paid for and sponsored by groups hired or instructed by the food and drug lobby. Research that too. Tons of info on that too.

Hopefully people looking to lose weight will do their own research (easy to find all the info I posted). Like I said; contact actual people doing it as a a way of living. They are first hand real time information gateways. Not ink on a pad.

I would love to read some of your research because I haven't found anything to support your claims. In fact, what you say it completely contrary to the thousands of metabolic ward studies and information coming from the NIH, but also information also coming from the most prominent researchers in the field for intermittent fasting and ketogenic diets.

And I know your will ignore this, like my previous posts, but the information I have posted is coming from the NIH, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (KDH).

You are a forum moderator here so I would hope you are truly an unbiased person. If you are and you want to get to the 100% bottom of this and have 100% proof of what I say I will offer you this: I will tell you where I live. I will welcome you with open arms into my home. We have a farm on acerage. We have guest rooms. You are welcome to stay with us for a week (Do it on your holiday time. I will also take you fishing on the west coast to make it worth your holiday time) I am a married father of two teen girls. We are a tight family with good values. You can then watch, weigh, measure every gram of food I eat and calorie I burn. I would even go so far as to not do any exercise during the week so there can be no confusion of calories burned. The conditions would be: 1. I will eat a 200 calorie per day surplus in calories. 2. I will eat keto meals. 3. I will fast 23 to 23.5 hrs between meals. 4. No matter what the results may be you as a moderator guarantee to post a permanent sticky thread here on the forum in the debate section of the results of this first hand supervised study. 5. The owner of this community will openly agree to the terms of this agreement and will start a sticky describing what we are going to do and will update the sticky thread as discussed with the way the study is done and it's findings.

I don't know how else I could possibly make it easier for you to see first hand what I and 10's of thousands of other people around the world are doing. You will clearly see that you DO NOT have to be in a calorie deficit if you combine intermittent fasting at high ratio hours between meals with keto.

*edit..incorrectly typed "surplus" instead of "deficit" in last paragraph. Have corrected it.

You don't seem to understand how science works. What you describe is one half of a science experiment. The other half would be you eating the same number of calories at regular intervals. No one doubts you are losing weight as claimed, just that you are losing weight as claimed fasting intermittently and not while eating the same exact number of calories over the same period of time and activity while not fasting.

Even then, it would be difficult to control for non exercise activity such as fidgeting. If you personally feel better when fasting and are thus more active, you will burn more calories.

Given his history, I doubt that too.
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I just had a wager here with a couple peers that you wouldn't take the offer or opportunity because this 100% confirms you are BIASED and this forum WILL NOT post truth that contradicts and proves that CICO is not the only way to lose fat.

What else do you want me to offer LOL :D:D:D Sure I will strap myself in a chair for a week and you can video tape it. There's your "metabolic chamber" LOL what a joke your excuses are.

Show your research. Then I might just start believing you.

You are assuming that I care what you believe. I do not. I put the info out there for people to research it if they care to. I do however care about people who want to drop a lot of fat to get healthy. How anyone does it is totally their own prerogative. If people reached out for info/help/guidance than I would enjoy sharing what I have learned and experienced just like others have done with me.

Here's the thing. You proclaim that there is info out there for people to research. Could you at least post a link to start it off. I really want to know what you are going on about.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I just had a wager here with a couple peers that you wouldn't take the offer or opportunity because this 100% confirms you are BIASED and this forum WILL NOT post truth that contradicts and proves that CICO is not the only way to lose fat.

What else do you want me to offer LOL :D:D:D Sure I will strap myself in a chair for a week and you can video tape it. There's your "metabolic chamber" LOL what a joke your excuses are.
    Do you really think a member of a forum would take the time to go to your house and watch you eat to help you prove your fantasy theories? You must be kidding.
    If you have all this research why not post it?
    You say anyone can look it up and see what you are talking about. Here's the thing though, I can also Google things like is Elvis still alive and is the Earth flat and see 1000's of websites that say yes. It doesn't mean that the Earth is flat or Elvis is still alive. It means that there's bogus info all over the place.
    You seem to not understand what the word research means or maybe you know that you can't provide any reliable sources.
    Should we blindly believe everything we read then? Or should we take the time and learn how to do proper research so we can weed out the woo?
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options

Show your research. Then I might just start believing you.

You are assuming that I care what you believe. I do not. I put the info out there for people to research it if they care to. I do however care about people who want to drop a lot of fat to get healthy. How anyone does it is totally their own prerogative. If people reached out for info/help/guidance than I would enjoy sharing what I have learned and experienced just like others have done with me.

Ok have sent a private message to you. Looking forward to your response thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.