Women over 300lb Starting Weight

Replies

• spidey8
    spidey8 Posts: 5 Member
    What do you ladies like to eat for each of your meals? And how many calories do you aim for in a day?
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    spidey8 wrote: »
    What do you ladies like to eat for each of your meals? And how many calories do you aim for in a day?

I am aiming for <2000 cals/day (my TDEE is 2860 cals, MFP recommended cals are around 2200 cals). I eat either bacon, eggs and veg in the morning or keto pancakes if I'm craving 'sweet'. For lunch, it's normally ham/chicken wrapped in lettuce leaves with salad or some keto pizza. Dinner, I try to keep interesting - anything from slendier noodles with a pasta sauce and veg, to chicken caesar salad to a baked dinner is on the menu. How about you?
  • renedalynn
    renedalynn Posts: 21 Member
    I aim for macros of 75/20/5 (fat, protein, carbs). My go to meals are bacon and eggs for breakfast, burger patties with cheese and mustard for lunch, Cobb salad for dinner with cheese, bacon, avocado and hard boiled eggs. I also put lots of veggies in my salad - lettuce, spinach, celery. A trick my nutritionist told me was to thin your favorite low carb dressing with a healthy oil like olive or avocado. You get added fat and it makes your dressing go further. Snacks are walnuts, pistachios or macadamia nuts.
  • becker201175
    becker201175 Posts: 45 Member
    Hi All!! Please add me as a friend!!! I am a 42 yo single gal with 3 kiddos in middle and high school. I need accountability, positivity, and encouragement. I have been up and down with my weight my entire life, but need to make sustainable changes. I started this new journey with MFP just 3 days ago, and I'm in it for the long haul! I'm 320 pounds, and am curious to see what the scale will say on Sunday (my weigh in day). Journey with me-I'd love to have some friends on here that are aiming to lose over 100 pounds. Love to you all! :)
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member
    renedalynn wrote: »
    Also- I finally made it under 300!!!! Weighed in today at 298.6!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Congrats!!!
  • becker201175
    becker201175 Posts: 45 Member
    renedalynn wrote: »
    Also- I finally made it under 300!!!! Weighed in today at 298.6!!!!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

That is SO awesome!!! You're motivating me! I love this thread!
  • sweetpie704
    sweetpie704 Posts: 43 Member
    My name is monica. I have 2 girls . I weighed 305 when my second daughter was born. That was 10 years ago. Now I weigh 286.0. My diet has been a yo-yo diet and it has to stop but it's hard. But I've been exercising doing utube videos. I was 290 and now 286.
  • Mclaughlin1723
    Mclaughlin1723 Posts: 7 Member
    Hello! I'm Judy, I am 21 years old and I have struggled with weight my entire life. I'm tired of it and it's time for me to do something about it. But weight loss is definitely not a straight line. I started out this year weighing my heaviest and decided to start losing weight cause it scared me that I was at my heaviest and it was a wake up call for me. I ended up losing 35 lbs in 2 months but then I moved and it threw me way off track and i gained back 10 lbs (still on the right track but didn't want to gain it all back) so here I am starting to get back to it. Went to the gym and have been eating better. So yay!

Starting weight: 356lbs
    Current weight: 326lbs
    Goal: around 160lbs (but short-term would be 300)
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Well hello there.
    I started in 2013 at 150 kg (330 lbs) managed to get down to 100 kg (220 lbs) and fell off the wagon. Now I am back in the saddle after slowly dropping 10 kg in 6 months without any diet it finally made click again in January.
    I have insulin resistance PCOS (take meds) and a slow thyroid (right above the limit for meds so I only supplement)
    Starting weight June: 128 kg (282 lbs)
    Back in the Saddle January: 118 kg (260 lbs)
    Current weight: 97 kg (213 lbs)
    Goal weight: I go in slow steps current goal weight 70 kg (154 lbs)

If you add me I have to say VLCD warning for some days due to my PCOS
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    My name is Holly and I'm 69 and I started at 307 and currently at 283. Last fall I had some health issue that kept me from exercising and eating properly so I gained back about 20 pounds of the fifty I had lost and then I just managed to maintain over the winter. Now that I can get out and walk again, I'm on the downswing again! We need to stay in contact and support each other. It's hard to do alone and people who don't have that much to lose don't really get what a daunting thing it is to have to lose over 150 pounds. That's like losing one or more of yourself!
  • RainyDayKelli
    RainyDayKelli Posts: 85 Member
    Hey everybody. My name is Kellianne and I'm 41 years old. I've got two daughters, aged 15 and 18. I've been struggling to lose weight since 2008. I'll lose about 60 lbs then slip and gain it all back again.

In November 2017, I weighed in at 321.6. I did keto for about three months, but got some blood work back showing that my cholesterol had gone up and my kidney function was low. My doctor said to quit keto immediately, which I did. I then went to Weight Watchers, but with their new plan there were too many free foods and I started gaining instead of losing.

As of today, I'm 297.4 lbs. My ultimate goal is about 130. Honestly, I'd just like to see the underside of 200. I haven't been there since my oldest daughter was born, back in 1999.

Anyway, if you'd like to add me as a friend, feel free. I am a bit of a cussbox, so bear that in mind if you request me. I don't want to offend anybody. I'll leave my diary open for all to see. I try to be very honest with myself and track the bad along with the good. I struggle with bingeing, so you'll see that when it happens, as well.

I'm really interested in seeing what other people eat to lose weight. I sometimes get stuck in a rut and like to see other people's diaries to get ideas.
  • KatTad77
    KatTad77 Posts: 39 Member
    Hello my name is Katrina and I weighed at my heaviest 425. I am now at 312. My goal is 1200 calories at the most a day. The reason is I am a VO actress and i am traveling to NZ in September for work. So my immediate goal is 50 pounds by then. But ultimate goal is under 200 by this time next year. I would like accountability buddies for anyone interested. Good luck to everyone.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    It's been exactly 1400 days since I had my first personal training session at 301 lb and age 59. It took 2.5 years to lose about 150 and I've been maintaining for 1.5+ yr now and in the best shape of my life. All of you CAN do it with consistency and dedication. Just work on building new habits in small steps, one day at a time.

@lorrpb is a true inspiration.
    She has put a number of threads in the success forum, here is one of them-

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10347057/my-success-story-made-the-front-page-of-the-newspaper/p1

Cheers, h.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    I love this banding together and I believe that we can do this, really I do! @lorrpb is certainly an inspiration for us. So just keep coming back and sharing with us and lets all do our best to help others along and to be there for each other through the good and bad!
    I had a good day but I haven't met my step goal yet so I need to put on my walking shoes and get my poles and hit the street. I'm blessed that I live in a neighborhood where it's absolutely safe to walk at night. I've been on point everyday so far this month and I would like to keep it that way!
    Holly in Nashville, TN
  • KathrynNix87
    KathrynNix87 Posts: 2 Member
    My name is Kathryn, or you can call me Katie...
    I was 410 lbs when my daughter was born... I’m now at 360, and goal set for 200lbs realistically. I have 3 kids and I’m married to the best husband ever! Anyway, I just started this fitness pal app and look forward to achieving my goals! Best of blessings to you all!
  • SimplyAdia
    SimplyAdia Posts: 39 Member

Starting weight: 350
    Current weight: 336
    1st goal: 320
    2nd goal: 299.9
    3rd goal: 250
    Ultimate goal: 170

Made my April Goal to be under 340. Working on getting to 330 and lower! Happy Saturday!