To Keto or not to Keto

Options
Yesterday was my first day haven’t ate much and today all I’ve had is scrambled eggs and water. I’m trying to decide if low carb is the way to go cuz I know the Keto diet depends on fats....but isn’t fat bad??. Or should I go with more protein and carbs.
I just had a baby a month ago so I’m looking to get down to my pre pregnancy weight of 133 currently sitting at 152. And no I’m not breastfeeding so that isn’t an issue. Just would like some input and some information.

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb, but not zero carb. That makes it simpler. I eat anything except bread, potatoes, and pasta. Just burning more than you burn.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    It's really personal preference. Either way you would eat the same amount of calories, it's up to you to figure out which foods you enjoy and fill you up. That way you will more easily hit your calorie goal, so you won't struggle as much. If you find fats filling and can see yourself removing most of the carbs from your diet for the long haul, keto might be right for you.

With 20 lbs to lose, you should be set to lose no more than 1 lb per week, any more than that would be very aggressive.

And thank you for saying right off the top whether you are breastfeeding or not :smiley:
  • knotgood77
    knotgood77 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Keto diet about a month....it depends on you how well it will work. It works well for me. If it is something where you enjoy these types of foods anyway, that helps a lot. You can lose weight on it, but will still have to calorie restrict to make progress. High fat leaves you feeling fuller longer, so for many that makes it easier to eat less, and reach the goals they are looking for. Do some research before hand, that will also make things go a lot easier for you. Types of foods, so you can have some variety, as well as what to expect in the first month as your body adjusts to using fat for fuel instead of carbs. All the best, Ethan
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    @akinastrong Calories do matter.