Hello, Summer Body! - a weight loss challenge

Options
123457»

Replies

• christymarie516
    christymarie516 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join this group as possible today is my first day starting my weight-loss journey and I could use the extra support and motivation
  • kcthatsme
    kcthatsme Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    @LaceyM1967 - I do show you as a member of our group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/126718-hello-summer-body

@honeykiss76 - You're supposed to be dropped but I'll give you another chance. :-)

@christymarie516 - You're in! :-D
  • christymarie516
    christymarie516 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • tinaka2016
    tinaka2016 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'd really like to join if I'm not to late? Struggle to find active friends.
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    tinaka2016 wrote: »
    Sorry I'd really like to join if I'm not to late? Struggle to find active friends.

You're in!
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @kcthatsme I sent you a message in your inbox the other day. I missed one weigh-in, but I posted in This and That as soon as I realized, but I was still dropped. Can I rejoin?
  • hannahhooter
    hannahhooter Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am just now finding this group and it sounds like exactly What I need. I was on a group like this last summer and it helped me tremendously. Is there anyway i can join even though I’m about a month late?
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,935 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't reach my first mini goal, but I came within two pounds so I'll take it!

I'm not sure if we can change our mini goals on our weigh-in submissions. The question may be answered somewhere here, but I couldn't find it so I left my mini goal as originally written and didn't change it.
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    Well, I didn't reach my first mini goal, but I came within two pounds so I'll take it!

I'm not sure if we can change our mini goals on our weigh-in submissions. The question may be answered somewhere here, but I couldn't find it so I left my mini goal as originally written and didn't change it.

I'm going to quote what @jayemes said from another thread here: "In my opinion, leave it. When you started the challenge that was your goal. If you're knocking it out of the park, enjoy it. Don't change your goal so that you look back thinking you *just* made it through or possibly didn't make it. Make a reasonable goal and achieve it!"

I agree to leave your mini goals as is. If you didn't make your MG, that's ok! Try to think of it as an opportunity to reassess what has worked for you, what hasn't, and maybe any barriers to you achieving those goals, and then think about what you might need to tweak moving forward. If you're changing goals along the way, only because you didn't make them, I think you might be missing opportunities for improvement on your weightloss journey.

Again, this is what I would do myself, and you need to do what you feel is best for you! You've already made such an amazing transformation, so I have do doubts you know what your doing ;)
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    @JustKeepSwimming2008 Thanks for the answer. I'll leave it as is then. I was close so thought it might make me try a little harder.
  • JustKeepSwimming2008
    JustKeepSwimming2008 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Tolamarie wrote: »
    @JustKeepSwimming2008 Thanks for the answer. I'll leave it as is then. I was close so thought it might make me try a little harder.

Also, next week's weigh in has the mini goal weight. And your 2 lbs away from your mini goal for that weigh in. You may still meet your goal yet <3
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    diroka wrote: »
    @kcthatsme I sent you a message in your inbox the other day. I missed one weigh-in, but I posted in This and That as soon as I realized, but I was still dropped. Can I rejoin?

Yes! I sent you a PM.
  • kcthatsme
    Options
    Hi! I am just now finding this group and it sounds like exactly What I need. I was on a group like this last summer and it helped me tremendously. Is there anyway i can join even though I’m about a month late?

Yes!
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    Wishing everyone a healthy week! (and bumping this up a few pages)
  • Tolamarie
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Here is the link made a little more accessible.
    kcthatsme wrote: »
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    I'm struggling a bit with the summertime barbecues, parties, reunions, and just opportunities to eat in general that I don't seem to have in cooler weather. However, I'm not giving up and am bumping this to page 1 so it's easier to find.
  • Tolamarie
    Options
    We are nearing the end of this challenge. Although apparently it was not my time to conquer, it was for many of you. Congratulations to all of us for trying and kudos to those who lost! (or won, which should it be?!)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,929 Member
    Options
    Not my best challenge, either....Autumn is a better time for me to dig in and cut calories. :) Next time!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    I always find summer the hardest, and others find it the easiest! Here’s to Autumn!!!