HOW did you lose the weight??? Do you get asked that all the time?

Options

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    It strikes me as something people say to formerly obese people. Just like some people think that fat people will be flattered if you say "Did you lose weight?" even if they have actually gained weight.
  • Davidaw86
    Davidaw86 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Do some of those folks then tell you "You don't need to lose any more weight." It's a bit annoying when they feel they have the right to say something like that.

All the time, lol. It's really annoying.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else often get asked how they lost weight? It continues to surprise me how curious people are about how I lost weight - it's as if they are expecting some neat and easy answer apart from eating less food!

All the time. Sometimes by the same person. They are waiting for me to spill "the real secret". I've found that the majority of people asking me how are not impressed when I tell them. Most will say it's too much work ect...some of them say "so simple, yet I never thought of it as just math". Some accuse me of lying haha!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I am known in my neighborhood, but don't really have friends. I figure if people start asking, I will just deny the whole thing.

At the yacht club, where people actually know me, not just my face, a few people noticed the first time I passed a part of my meal to my partner or passed on the rolls. Hopefully, they won't have to ask. As long as my jeans don't fall off while teaching dance class tomorrow night.
  • krael65
    krael65 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I just tell them: math
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I just got an email from someone at work asking HOW I lost weight! I basically just said eat less and know what you're eating in terms of calories....sigh!
  • fmps5
    fmps5 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Math is my answer as well... they usually stop because no one likes talking about math, lol
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    My husband just got back from a few weeks of travel. After he lightheartedly complained that my butt was smaller and he missed the little love handles he used to grab he asked, “No, seriously, what’s your secret?”
  • JennG122
    JennG122 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get told that I need to stop losing weight from people at work. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds, this would be considered a "healthy weight" for my height. I try not to pay attention to them because they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.
  • quzy07
    quzy07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I get asked all the time! And yes, I did have a supporting system. But even with the support of nutritional cleansing (which I would never go without even after losing 100 pounds), it takes discipline, exercise and yes, calorie/macro counting with MyFitnessPal! I coach others in the weight-wellness industry and always recommend MFP! We can't expect results without actually paying attention to what we are doing! Even with the best support!
  • quzy07
    quzy07 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    JennG122 wrote: »
    I get told that I need to stop losing weight from people at work. My goal is to lose another 30 pounds, this would be considered a "healthy weight" for my height. I try not to pay attention to them because they clearly have no idea what they're talking about.

And Jenn, it's about your own journey to health so who are they to judge or critique that!? I think there is something a little warped with that thinking: we can politely refuse to comment on a large lady's physique, but have no filter when it comes to little ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!