How do you get over an ex?

Max_Adams25
Max_Adams25 Posts: 64 Member
Ideas?

Replies

• orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    It’s hard and it hurts. But time heals. Eventually it hurts less and less and then the hurting stops. Distractions are good. Surrounding yourself with supportive friends is good. And some people benefit from talk therapy with a professional.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited April 2018
    takes time.. it does get easier and the heartache less intense. Till oneday you can think of them and not feel sad/angry.
  • LindsayGii
    LindsayGii Posts: 33 Member
    Maybe if your pic wasn't you with someone else you wouldn't have an ex.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited April 2018
    LindsayGii wrote: »

Maybe it's a sibling
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    LindsayGii wrote: »

Maybe that’s the ex?
    @TavistockToad thats not my ex.

• gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,115 Member
    Alcohol and promiscuous sex is probably the worst thing that you could do when you are this vulnerable... you might do it anyway. I advise against it.
    You should come up with a personal plan... write it out. It's time to get a little bit self centered and focus on you. Eat well and take good care of yourself... Do things that bring you happiness... Spend time with family and friends and LAUGH.
    The demise of my last relationship felt much like grieving and it was..., there are stages and things that you are just going to have to go through, things that take time to work out. It's not easy... but in time, you will come out the other side.

What she said....create your own life that does not include the ex....the things that only you like...maybe she didn't like your faux leopard skin smoking jacket and made you throw it out....get another one...day after my break up, I rearranged the house...to the way I wanted, and the way I knew she would hate. It was great therapy.

Also, drink... and don't underestimate the therapeutic values of promiscuous sex (a friend told me to say that...lol)