Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Awesome race @lporter229!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent- What a great husband you are! Congrats to your wife on completing her first marathon!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @kdbulger Congrats on the 5K!
  • Scott6255
    Options
    @kgirlhart and @RunsOnEspresso thank you for the confirmation! I know (hope) it will become easier as my body gets used to the early morning shock of running before the sun comes up.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 congratulations on a fantastic marathon! You make it sound easy, very impressive.

@kdbulger congrats on your 5k! Join that running club - I think you'll love it.

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Awesome race reports this weekend. Congratulations to all.

I'm bummed that I totally forgot about the Broad St. run in Philly yesterday. I definitely would have run that if I had it on my radar screen and the weather turned out to be perfect. It hurt a little seeing coverage from the finish line on the local news.

I just signed up for a HM in September and will only run a couple of shorter races this summer for that training. Since I have no specific training purpose for the short-term, all of my runs are purely for the pleasure of it and it's been an awesome stretch of weather the past few weeks. 14 more miles between Saturday and today.

5/1 - 5/6: 25 miles
    5/7: 5 miles

Total: 30 out of 100
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 and @pastorvincent - congratulations on your marathons yesterday!
    @kdbulger - congratulations on your 5k too!
    Congratulations to anyone else who raced over the weekend! Let's see those race reports!

Speaking of races there is a pretty awesome article in Runner's Worlsd about Desi Linden's Boston experience from 'behind the scenes' other runners, her coaching team and others involved in the race itself. The embedded videos showing the conditions are incredible - wow!
    https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a20087622/behind-the-scenes-of-desiree-lindens-incredible-boston-marathon-win/?utm_content=2018-05-06&utm_campaign=Rundown&utm_source=runnersworld.com&utm_medium=newsletter&smartcode=YN_0005790937_0001666252&sha1hashlower=6d6a15668106c8b60720ce28e7603710ffd29ce3&md5hash=1e7b1cb15a50278dbe13f37403986656
  • noblsheep
    noblsheep Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    @lporter229 congrats on a great race! I wanna be like you someday.

@PastorVincent Huge admiration. From past race experience, not kittens nor high water could make me run another mile after the finish. Congrats to your wife for her first marathon!
  • lporter229
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @lporter229 congratulations on a fantastic marathon! You make it sound easy, very impressive.

LOL, you're too kind. Maybe I need to do a more thorough race report. I'm pretty sure I once again swore off marathons forever around mile 23!

This just reminded me of this article that came across one of my feeds the other day (apologies if it was posted here, I really don't remember where I saw it): https://www.runnersworld.com/health-injuries/a20112954/why-you-dont-remember-marathon-pain/
  • lporter229
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @lporter229 congrats on a great race! I wanna be like you someday.

@PastorVincent Huge admiration. From past race experience, not kittens nor high water could make me run another mile after the finish. Congrats to your wife for her first marathon!

Thank you! And I agree about the kittens and high water. @PastorVincent 's extra mile might just be as impressive as his race performance.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    5/1 6miles
    5/2 9.92miles
    5/3 6miles
    5/4 12miles
    5/5 6miles
    5/6 rest
    5/7 6.5miles

Tough workout today, but I did it. It was a half mile warm up then 6x .75mile at 10K pace with .25mile recovery jog. Somehow I managed to PR the 10K distance during this run on my Garmin!

Going to do a nice easy 6 miles tomorrow.

3/18/2018 Shamrock half marathon
    3/24/2018 Don't Sit on Colon Cancer 5K

5/28/2018 Run to Remember 5K
    10/7/2018 Crawlin Crab half marathon
    10/13/2018 Joggin for Frogmen 5K
    11/18/2018 Norfolk Harbor half marathon
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent - I am in awe. I was sure after your crushing PR marathon, you would be physically unable to run with your wife to finish the race. That is a testament to grit, determination, and human willpower. I could not have done it.
  • Scott6255
    Options
    Welcome back @5BeautifulDays. Everyone has their journey. Glad yours is starting back up again.
  • apricotqueen1
    apricotqueen1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Really great evening run, 7.66 km on a new and beautiful route!
    Now at 38.3 for the month with 61.7 left to go!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @PastorVincent and lporter229 on your marathons! Congratulations to everyone else who raced this past weekend also!

@PastorVincent – wished I had thought to get your contact information so that I could have helped you after the marathon. After the half, we went back to the hotel, took showers, went to lunch and then watched some of the last runners come in. We had to stick around a while before we could get our car out of valet parking. Does your wife remember seeing the guy playing the bagpipes? We hung out with him for a while and cheered for the runners. It was raining and I was chilly dressed in dry clothes. I felt so bad for them still out there.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Congratulations @PastorVincent and lporter229 on your marathons! Congratulations to everyone else who raced this past weekend also!

@PastorVincent – wished I had thought to get your contact information so that I could have helped you after the marathon. After the half, we went back to the hotel, took showers, went to lunch and then watched some of the last runners come in. We had to stick around a while before we could get our car out of valet parking. Does your wife remember seeing the guy playing the bagpipes? We hung out with him for a while and cheered for the runners. It was raining and I was chilly dressed in dry clothes. I felt so bad for them still out there.

There might have been more than one bagpipe player, but I definitely ran past at least one with her in the rain. So you probably saw us. You would know me as I was the guy wearing black Under Armor. :lol:
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Knee problem is getting in the way of running. Spending more time swimming and cycling. Hopefully, the knee will improve with time and rehab.