May 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    If I could actually manage to stick to a schedule in my personal life I would go back to taekwondo...

If I could afford it I would get back into karate, almost any style. It was fun. But alas... it is not meant to be right now.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    If I could actually manage to stick to a schedule in my personal life I would go back to taekwondo...

If I could afford it I would get back into karate, almost any style. It was fun. But alas... it is not meant to be right now.

I could probably afford it once my older son drops down to part time daycare in September. Not sure - when I did it as a teenager my dojang was run as a non-profit so rates were pretty low (my church Pastor ran it as basically a side outreach program).
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,443 Member
    Options
    @bride001 sounds like you are talking yourself into the 10k. If doing gives you the flexibility to complete some bucket list races, by all means opt for the 10k. As you said, you have already done 3 HMs at that venue. Branching out would be much more worthwhile and satisfying. Good Luck!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    Beautiful autumn morning here - cool and clear, and perfect for running.

1 May: 11.64
    2 May: 6.0 + yoga
    3 May: 7.22

24.86 of 150km
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Cool and rainy day! Waited for a break in the showers before heading out. Run was great! Just wish it would stay like this for more than a day or two!
    Now to catch up on all the posts since last night!!

Date........Miles.......Total
    05/01......0.00.......0.00 - + Strength Training
    05/02......5.41.......5.41

exercise.png

My completed and upcoming races. Let me know if you will be running them too.
    02/04/18 - Surf City Half Marathon
    05/05/18 - Cinco de Miles 5k
    07/22/18 - San Francisco 2nd Half Marathon
    12/15/18 - San Diego Holiday Half Marathon
    02/03/19 - Surf City Half Marathon
    05/11/19 - Santa Barbara Wine Country Half Marathon
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    eUXem8.png
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    5/1: ST, 1 mile dreadmill
    5/2: 3.7 miles

Total: 4.7/70

Upcoming races:
    Wineglass Marathon 9/30

I took today off work so that roofers could do some work at the house. After they left, I went out for a run, even though it was supposed to be my rest day. I go on-call at work tomorrow, so I may miss a run later this week and figured I’d squeeze one in. It is getting warm here - 81 already when I ran earlier today.
  • marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @bride001 - It sounds like you really want to do the 10k! Go for it!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 - I can't believe you gained 10lbs that quickly even if it is water. I hope you are ok and feeling better!

I am reading Robin Arzon's book 'Shut Up and Run' and came across this... Thought you all might enjoy it for when your motivation is flagging!

I agree @midwesterner85 . I hope whatever is going on with you is answered soon. And I complain about PMS gain, yikes!

@shanaber I may look at that book! Love the inspiration. I put a "Do Epic Sh1t" post it on DD's bathroom mirror.
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    3.15km run/walk/jog today. It was supposed to rain all afternoon but it held out so I got a quick run in after work
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    So I have a fun dilemma. Wear a device on each wrist or retire my Fitbit that I've only had since August?
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    So I have a fun dilemma. Wear a device on each wrist or retire my Fitbit that I've only had since August?

I love(d) my 620. But I've never worn it since getting the Fenix. So? One for runs? One for everyday?