May 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I love(d) my 620. But I've never worn it since getting the Fenix. So? One for runs? One for everyday?

This ^^^^^^
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    5/1 - rest
    5/2 - 2.4 km

2.4/115 km

Had some knee & ankle pain today and it was late so I cut things short. Left side again. I will go out again tomorrow night in different shoes and see if that makes a difference. I know my legs hate when I take more than 2 days off in a row and I had 3, so it could be as simple as that.

2018 Races: (italics means not registered yet, only pondering)
    1/1/18 Resolution Run 5K ~38:00 (no official times)
    3/4/18 MEC Road Race #1 10K 1:30:57
    3/17/28 St Patrick's Day race 10K 1:24:53
    4/7/18 Jasper Half Marathon 3:05:55
    4/22/18 MEC Trail Race #1 5Kish 1:00:00? (Or 48:45...)
    5/20/18 MEC Trail Race #2 10Kish
    6/24/18 MEC Trail Race #3 10Kish
    7/1/18 Canada Day 5K or 15K?
    7/28/18 Idaho Peak 10K Trail Race
    8/18/18 Edmonton Marathon 10K
    8/25/18 MEC Trail Race #4 10Kish
    10/7/18 MEC Trail Race #5 15Kish
    10/22/18 Heartbeat Run 10K
    12/1/18 Santa Shuffle
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @midwesterner85 - I can't believe you gained 10lbs that quickly even if it is water. I hope you are ok and feeling better!

I am reading Robin Arzon's book 'Shut Up and Run' and came across this... Thought you all might enjoy it for when your motivation is flagging!

I agree @midwesterner85 . I hope whatever is going on with you is answered soon. And I complain about PMS gain, yikes!

@shanaber I may look at that book! Love the inspiration. I put a "Do Epic Sh1t" post it on DD's bathroom mirror.
    Hahaha - That one was my favorite and I thought of you when I read it :) Actually almost said something on my original post!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,388 Member
    Options
    @HonuNui - I have missed your snorkeling pictures! The octopus inking is awesome!
    @kristinegift - I saw Lord Huron at the Hollywood Bowl a few years ago. They opened for Rodrigo y Gabriella. Great show all around!
    @mobycarp - I used to run in Mizuno's but they wore out so fast. It may have just been the model at that time but I have pretty much stayed away from them ever since... I also find that running slow intensifies any little niggles that I have - almost as if it is a forced pace and it throws off my gait. Running just a bit faster at what is more normal for me (much slower than you though) makes them almost always go away...
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    @Orphia Is there a sisu shirt in the works? I like our embrace the suck. It's light and great for summer runs. "My other shirts a sisu"? Haha! "Got SISU?" Oooo... I like it! "Just SISU it"??? Maybe it could be made in Braille (or Morse code), just in case we run into @garygse :love:

Finnish flag thrown in for fun. And morse code. :wink:

969kpt7vdkyd.jpg

You've outgeeked me. Where's the Morse Code?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    garygse wrote: »
    @Orphia Is there a sisu shirt in the works? I like our embrace the suck. It's light and great for summer runs. "My other shirts a sisu"? Haha! "Got SISU?" Oooo... I like it! "Just SISU it"??? Maybe it could be made in Braille (or Morse code), just in case we run into @garygse :love:

Finnish flag thrown in for fun. And morse code. :wink:

969kpt7vdkyd.jpg

You've outgeeked me. Where's the Morse Code?

Bottom of the first S
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    @bride001 sounds like you are talking yourself into the 10k. If doing gives you the flexibility to complete some bucket list races, by all means opt for the 10k. As you said, you have already done 3 HMs at that venue. Branching out would be much more worthwhile and satisfying. Good Luck!
    I agree /\

@Orphia can you make the text bigger on your image? I'm thinking from a distance the words might get lost. I'd walk to the other side of the room and then look at the computer screen until you get it to where it can be easily read by someone who sees you at a race ;) I also vote for technical fabrics versus regular t-shirt material.

Add "obsession with weather reports" to my list of symptoms. Something about a heat wave... I hope they're just being dramatic. Sigh. It's cross-training day, and I'm scheduled for tennis training tonight, in preparation for helping with a camp this summer. I haven't played in 20 years, but I'm SO excited!
  • zerlinna87
    zerlinna87 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @PastorVincent good luck on your marathon this weekend!

@amgreenwell I have two little kids as well, so early runs on the weekdays are the only way I get it in. I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :)